DVR Alert - Beast Quake Replay TONIGHT

kidhawk

Reaction score
ESPN2 is replaying (a 90 minute version) of the Beast Quake playoff game vs. the Saints tonight at 6 pm Seattle time.

12HawkFan

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up!

I had it but lost it when my old TiVo DVR died, now I can recover it again, at least a neutered version.

Without a doubt, Matt Hasselbecks best passing game ever as a Hawk IMO and a very good farewell to all the Hawk fans in the stands.

GO HAWKS!!!

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Recording and watching now. It really was the beginning of our SB run. Great stuff.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
What a night that was. Huge underdogs at home to the Champs, and they took care of business.
Still gotta' play the games, very few gave the Hawks a chance in that one.

Captain

Reaction score
I wonder if Darren Sharper was originally involved with this and they had to edit him out.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
kidhawk":ptn3mvso said:
ESPN2 is replaying (a 90 minute version) of the Beast Quake playoff game vs. the Saints tonight at 6 pm Seattle time.
Thanks for the heads up Kid! :th2thumbs:
Man that was awesome! It was cool to watch that game again as I believe it was the launching pad for the current team.
Nice to see the interviews by Hass, M-Rob, beastmode, Malloy, Kamtrak, and the saints players, whom seemed pretty cool about it.
Very well done! :)

Faust

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":jfbj7opw said:
kidhawk":jfbj7opw said:
Thanks for the heads up Kid! :th2thumbs:
Man that was awesome! It was cool to watch that game again as I believe it was the launching pad for the current team.
Nice to see the interviews by Hass, M-Rob, beastmode, Malloy, Kamtrak, and the saints players, whom seemed pretty cool about it.
Very well done! :)

I totally agree. I also enjoyed hearing about the game from the perspective of the saints players. This clearly was the start of something special!

ivotuk

Reaction score
Had to watch this at planet fitness with no sound! Cheap ass setup!

Fortunately it replays on ESPN2 on October 4th at 02:00am Alaska time.

Evil Dead

Reaction score
I've been waiting for NFL Films to do a feature on that classic game. This was well done and so awesome with all of the player interviews (including Beast Mode!).

For those unaware....this isn't just a typical NFL Replay or condensed version of the game. It's part of their NFL's Greatest Games series, and tonight was the first airing. It airs again super early Saturday morning on ESPN2, so set your dvr if you missed it. It delves into the background of the season leading up to the game, how that Seahawks team was built after Carroll and Schneider came in (and essentially the foundation of our championship team), and all of the buildup of the game. It is well done.

Hass is awesome as usual. Funny, smart, self-deprecating...classic Hass. Loved Hass calling out Shanle for the cheap shot and still being pissed about it. The way he explained some of the play calls and stuff on his TD throws was very good.

Thought Jabari Greer of the Saints was really funny and honest. Heath Evans is usually a tool, but he gave Seattle a lot of props and credit, and as a fan loved Marshawn's run.

Loved the stuff at the end talking about Marshawn losing the Beast Quake game ball, and that Hass might actually have it.

Milloy had some great anecdotes.

Loved hearing how Kam, as a rookie and not playing much, thinking he had just made the play of the game defending the Saints 3rd down play right before the Quake, leading to their punt, and he was going to be a hero.....and then "Marshawn had to go and do his thing".

Loved Marshawn talking about the play, and mentioning how Mike Williams was still downfield blocking, and noticing Hass right up behind him, and Polumbus downfield with him....talking about how it was the ultimate team play. Great, great stuff throughout.

So happy they finally made this and got all of these players to talk about it (including Carroll and Schneider). Highly recommended.

Jayburd14

Reaction score
My favorite part was the promotion for the upcoming Monday Night Football game, it was all about the Seahawks with barely a mention of their opponents.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
It really is an amazing show, and any true Seahawk fan needs to seek it out. I had one of the worst days at my job in a long time and that show popping up unexpectedly in my DVR (Xfinity and their DVR recording by word is awesome--first nice thing I've EVER said about Comcast!) along with a few cold beers was just what the doctor ordered.

Latest posts