my GameDay experience

Sprfunk

Reaction score
So I am in Hawaii and found a bar and grill across the street from the beach to watch the game. The crowd was 30/30 hawks broncs and the rest were fans of other teams, mainly 49ers and cards (in the bar area that is). It was funny seating because seahawks were on one side of the bar broncs on the other, with no mixing.
The crowd started very quiet. There got to be a little commotion after trading the feildgoals. When the seahawks got close to the first td i told my friends i was going to start the sea hawks chant. Touchdown I scream SEA and right on que hawks. The bar exploded into an uproar with the chant. It was amazing.
The streets of Waikiki are fairly crowded and people stop walking and look at the bar. Some people came in to see what was going on. It turned into a large party and everyone was getting into it. Second td and everyone was doing the chant. People who seemed to not be interested in being there for the NFL paid attention. After the bronks started their comeback the broncos fans started getting loud! They were quiet for nearly 4 quarters and let loose. They were really excited and wanted us to know they were there.
OT! Tension was on display. Funny 9ers fan across the bar yelled we lost so I want u to loose too.
The drive was amazing. The frustration from the Broncos fans watching lynch run them over and RW make first down after first down was great. RW is the type of qb that would make you so mad watching him if he played against your team. Broncs fans were screaming get him get him. GOD THEY CANT GET HIM. WTF!!!
Touchdown Lynch. Game over we all screamed I started the sea hawks chant again. Everyone was getting in on it. People with no nfl gear. People sitting down eating breakfast with their grandkids (Hawaii is 3 hours behind seattle so it was 10 am here) . Two older Australian women sitting next to me in the bar, believe it or not even the 9ers fan across from us all were chanting SEA !!!! HAWKS!!!!!! After the cheering a lot of people left.
It was a lot of fun. The bar tender mentioned how much fun he was having and he loved it.
All and all it was great and I lost my voice. I think we repped the 12th man very well. We were loud and proud.
Go hawks.

byau

Reaction score
Love when people post this kind of stuff :) Awesome!

Any post-game interactions with non-Hawks fans? Fun-competitive spirit? Or ......?

OP
OP
Sprfunk

Sprfunk

Reaction score
It was actually good on the way back. There was one very large charger fan sitting next to the niner guy. He was cool and walked in my direction after. We congratulated each other on having strong teams and I told him I hope we see each other end of season. It's been cool.
Every once in a while I'll see someone who was there and I get points smiles and waves. Good fun.
All and all its very positive.
One broncos fans in particular was not having fun! I thought he was going to have his head explode. Hehe

OP
OP
Sprfunk

Sprfunk

Reaction score
BTW blue hawiian are a perfect color of blue for gameday!