DOMINATION

stack55

Reaction score
Hey fellow 12's
I'd be interested in why you think we were dominated or if you think
We were dominated in the chargers loss.

O-line getting beat ( Russell had little time to throw)

D-line not getting any pressure on Rivers

Linebackers not in position on short pass plays.

Safeties getting beat

Our offense abandoning the run,, etc

Let's hear it

Brahn

Reaction score
stack55":14oevszn said:
Hey fellow 12's

Safeties getting beat

Let's hear it

I feel we had pressure on Rivers all game. The DBs / LBs in coverage had a bad showing. Multiple starters were out of the game for extended periods of time. Thomas left with cramps, Kam was out multiple plays. We would see guys like KJ and Wagner signal for a sub after almost every play in the 4th. They were gassed. The TE beat us this game on offense. That is not a usual issue for the Hawks. All 3 of Gates TDs we great catches with 2 of them coming against near perfect coverage. Much props to Rivers on those throws.

This is the team that will live (0 Impact by Jimmy Grahm / Vernon Davis) or Die (Tony G / Gates) by the play of the opponents TE. Other Receivers made plays for the Chargers, but Gates made highlight reel catches. Nothing you can do but tip your hat.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I think it was the heat 2nd and the grass 1st.

If you look at last year, you see the away games we struggled in were all on grass:

Panthers
Texans
49ers

The away games we did well in? Turf

Falcons
Giants
???

And that also explains why we do so well at home. Because we play better on a fast surface.

But then we did destroy AZ on grass and then get beat by AZ on turf, so I might be reaching. But it certainly seems that we play faster and with more impact on fast surfaces vs our opponent. Yet again, it has to be pointed that that in that Titans and Bucs stretch we didn't look that dominant either.

Also, in 2012 we didn't seem to have the same disparity. We beat Chicago on grass, we lost to Miami. The surface didn't seem to play as big a role, so perhaps it is just that the teams we played away on turf in 2013 were also teams that we matched up really well with.

But just with the eye test it seems this is a team built to do better on that surface.

(Finally, I think we win yesterday if we still had Tate. Go back to that Rams game where nobody else was doing anything and Tate almost single-handedly won it for us. He seems to have one or two games where he produces when everyone else is struggling, or one of his punt returns comes in a key time that kick starts us back into the game. We couldn't have paid him, but we clearly miss him.)

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1061kzip said:
I think it was the heat 2nd and the grass 1st.)

How can you blame two things that both teams had to deal with? Lame excuses.

This is a simple answer, we were dominated because Rivers and his receivers made plays when they had to, and we did not. You can't allow a QB of Rivers caliber to dictate the game, he just threw underneath dinking and dunking all the way down the field converting short 3rd downs.........then waited for our LB's to get frustrated and sneak too far down and hit wide open receivers in the 2nd level.

Bad defensive performance all the way around, no excuses.

A

Anonymous

stack55":3pdi9izc said:
Hey fellow 12's

Safeties getting beat

Let's hear it

Thanks for posting your topic, stack, keep it up (with a few less capital letters...) :mrgreen:

I don't think any pure domination took place yesterday. However, whomever assembled the game plan for the Chargers offense (and defense) knows a thing or 27 about the game of professional football.

What we saw yesterday was a very good home-team with a skilled franchise quarterback executing exactly what was planned, and did so at a very high level. Add to that a lopsided turnover battle, key players that were all healthy and driven, and our team was overcome. They did benefit from some very good luck, which is all it takes sometimes.

If Russell Wilson would have just 8-10 more offensive plays worth of possession, that list you have there would all have been overcome nicely. As it turns out, had one or two key penalties not happened when they did, and we'd have easily had those 10 plays back.

capncrunch

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":5s8d9uw0 said:
I think it was the heat 2nd and the grass 1st.

If you look at last year, you see the away games we struggled in were all on grass:

Panthers
Texans
49ers

The away games we did well in? Turf

Falcons
Giants
???

And that also explains why we do so well at home. Because we play better on a fast surface.

But then we did destroy AZ on grass and then get beat by AZ on turf, so I might be reaching. But it certainly seems that we play faster and with more impact on fast surfaces vs our opponent. Yet again, it has to be pointed that that in that Titans and Bucs stretch we didn't look that dominant either.

Also, in 2012 we didn't seem to have the same disparity. We beat Chicago on grass, we lost to Miami. The surface didn't seem to play as big a role, so perhaps it is just that the teams we played away on turf in 2013 were also teams that we matched up really well with.

But just with the eye test it seems this is a team built to do better on that surface.

(Finally, I think we win yesterday if we still had Tate. Go back to that Rams game where nobody else was doing anything and Tate almost single-handedly won it for us. He seems to have one or two games where he produces when everyone else is struggling, or one of his punt returns comes in a key time that kick starts us back into the game. We couldn't have paid him, but we clearly miss him.)

Yeah. Kind of miss Tate. He played well for the Lions yesterday. I watched some of it.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
Offense played conservative until they actually needed to move the ball. The last drive was executed poorly with that Jet sweep. Cant get too caught up in the gimmick plays as the middle of th field was open literally all game. If the Hawks would have picked up a couple fumbles there this game couldve been lopsided the other way. Look, you lose games. Its bound to happen. I believe the Hawks lost three game last year? Yesterday reminded me of the Lions/Dolphins/Colts/Cardinals games of the last couple of years.

It was hot (cramps) muggy and wearing those blue jerseys. In a way, its probably good for us to have a loss like this. It puts a lot of things in perspective and I trust the entire team from coaches down, to make necessary adjustments. Im not in the least bit worried as in 3 months this loss will not even be relevant. The Seattle Seahawks are still the cream of the crop. San Diego doesnt even hang to within 3 touchdowns in our place.

12HawkFan

Reaction score
120 degrees on the field just before game time, PERIOD.

If you have never had to work hard in this heat, with dark colored clothing on you have NO idea what it can do to you.

The offensive play calling was suspect as well as they were constantly blowing up the sweep play but yet we went to that well at the very end to have it blown up once again, stupid.

Count it as one of this years looses and move on, don't be surprised if we win a LOT of games in a row now, this is the kind of humiliating game for the defense that will bring them together even better.

One last thing, #51, if you ever do such a stupid thing as you did yesterday, I hope to see you sweeping the Hawks Parking lot next time I drive by the V-Mack, cause that's all your worth, a lot sweeper.

GO HAWKS!!!

dusktreader

Reaction score
We were outplayed but not dominated. We got the ball back with a six point deficit with plenty of time to execute a game winning drive. I don't think there's a team in the NFL that is going to dominate the Seahawks.