Sherman's SMC Cancer Commercial.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
Made to look like his rant at the end of the NFCCG. But he's not wearing an official Hawk's jersey. Copyright law? :?: :?:

Must be. I see the hat is a mock-up too.

[youtube]rvD-Q6Q8ZfE[/youtube]

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
Just like Lynch's Plumbing commercial. Why pay the extra $ to the NFL?

chris98251

Reaction score
CANHawk":2e96yzts said:
I think it's weird that hospitals have to advertise...

Its the HMO'S not really the hospitals. If you need help places like Valley Medical of the UW Network or places of that reputation of care, cleanliness and skills speak for themselves, or Harborview as well, Those are Seattle area.

hawkstrap

Reaction score
Not trying to hijack but in the Sherman Chunky commercial 1) why is the Hulk blue. And 2) who is the guy in the white sweatband that has never been seen before? At least get Big Lo

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
The guy with the headband is the guy that helped started the movement to get Sherman and his mom to represent Chunky Soup, also Hulk can't be green if he's being shot behind a green screen, probably also legal issue on the name and likeness if he did use it.

Lxx

Reaction score
i would like to see sherman be a bit more passionate like in the NFCCG but this was good though.

hawkstrap

Reaction score
theincrediblesok":2kds5fd1 said:
The guy with the headband is the guy that helped started the movement to get Sherman and his mom to represent Chunky Soup, also Hulk can't be green if he's being shot behind a green screen, probably also legal issue on the name and likeness if he did use it.

Fine work, sir

A

Anonymous

Lxx":1ertmelp said:
i would like to see sherman be a bit more passionate like in the NFCCG but this was good though.

Lxx,

Capital letters.

Respect for acronyms, but not proper names?

:roll:

El Caliente

Reaction score
I think that I am one of the few people that isn't a Seahawks fan who thinks that Sherman is great. I love his bravado. I love his passion. The dude is a total jerk, but you have to love it. People will say that he is classless, but considering where he has come from, and where he ultimately will land, I like it. You guys have a great cb up there. His career is so young, and he is so driven, in the end he might just be one of the all time greats.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
The SeaHulk wouldnt be infringing on a copyright just because hes green. Pretty sure that they havent trademarked green body paint. And, calling himself Seahulk is enough to get away with an obvious copy.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
OkieHawk":20fts9m8 said:
McGruff":20fts9m8 said:
I think it's tacky and tasteless.

Agreed, they should have used the real uniforms.

If you use the real uniforms, the league gets a cut because it's use of licensed property.........that's why you see a lot of player commercials with uniforms that sorta look like their real ones.

But back to the commercial, yeah it's lame.........and how many commercials has Sherm done now for all the stuff he endorses doing the "medicore" or "that's what you get" parodies? Lame.

mirrikat45

Reaction score
BlueBlood":1navo6ff said:
The SeaHulk wouldnt(sic) be infringing on a copyright just because hes green. Pretty sure that they havent(sic) trademarked green body paint. And, calling himself Seahulk is enough to get away with an obvious copy.

It's not really "Copyright" that would be the issue. It would be "Trademark" laws for this one. Marvel could have a claim if they felt that an average reasonable person would confuse the Seahulk with the Hulk. There is some fair-use counter arguments, but it's grey enough for Campbell's not to risk it.

Basically, since only a small percent of the population is football fans, and only a smaller percentage are Seahawks fans that might know who Seahulk is, it's reasonable to assume most people would confuse Seahulk with the actual Hulk. Especially since he has the name "Hulk" in his name.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
mirrikat45":3qb1c90x said:
BlueBlood":3qb1c90x said:
The SeaHulk wouldnt(sic) be infringing on a copyright just because hes green. Pretty sure that they havent(sic) trademarked green body paint. And, calling himself Seahulk is enough to get away with an obvious copy.

It's not really "Copyright" that would be the issue. It would be "Trademark" laws for this one. Marvel could have a claim if they felt that an average reasonable person would confuse the Seahulk with the Hulk. There is(sic) some fair-use counter arguments, but it's grey enough for Campbell's not to risk it.

Basically, since only a small percent of the population is(sic) football fans, and only a smaller percentage are Seahawks fans that might know who Seahulk is, it's reasonable to assume most people would confuse Seahulk with the actual Hulk. Especially since he has the name "Hulk" in his name.

Did you just put (sic)'s in his post? LMAO.

Alright, I will add a couple to your post just to even it out.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
LOL! Well played, Hawknation... sic, indeed.