It absolutely baffles me the amount of people not picking us

gowazzu02

Reaction score
I mean it's really ridiculous. the Peter King quote, Seattles the best deepest team ive seen all preseason but wont pick them because. Just watched NFLAM and the only ones who picked seattle to even get back were big play babs and mikerob.

Nobody has any damn reason besides its hard to repeat....... What does Ray Lewis and Ed Reed riding off into the sunset or Flacco getting his huge contract have to do with Seattles off season? What about the Giants, having their HOF dlineman. Or how about GB just straight up choking after going 15-1?

I don't get it. The ignorance to whats going on in Seattle is just baffling.

seahawksny

Reaction score
gowazzu02":26hh7nd7 said:
I mean it's really ridiculous. the Peter King quote, Seattles the best deepest team ive seen all preseason but wont pick them because. Just watched NFLAM and the only ones who picked seattle to even get back were big play babs and mikerob.

Nobody has any damn reason besides its hard to repeat....... What does Ray Lewis and Ed Reed riding off into the sunset or Flacco getting his huge contract have to do with Seattles off season? What about the Giants, having their HOF dlineman. Or how about GB just straight up choking after going 15-1?

Thats just how this team likes it.

And when we win again, the media will find asinine reasons why they won like.....tom brady was playing hurt, or SF wasnt at full strength until week 8. this is the same thing we heard last year - EVEN AFTER THEY WON. I mean i even heard someone say that if Denver had half a decent D, they would have won that game. I kid you not. If my memory serves correct, Denver's D going into that game was actually playing very well.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Meh, I think a lot of people want to see us lose this one.

OP
OP
gowazzu02

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Laloosh":3prt8yl5 said:
Meh, I think a lot of people want to see us lose this one.

yeah i think its this. combined with people NOT RECOGNIZING DEFENSE/ ignorance/lazyness to not bother to know who a bobby wagner, a Kam, a KJ a Mebane all the guys not named Sherm/RW/Earl and percy are.

Steve2222

Reaction score
People just think you can't repeat anymore (though there's a repeater every decade and were just a little over a decade since our last repeat).

That's really the only rationale people aren't taking us. Because teams don't repeat. It's flawed logic and hopefully Seattle uses it as motivation.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
gowazzu02":22rrpz5a said:

It's to drive ratings and viewership if they actually told the truth people would be bored and tune out. The NFL doesn't want to have fanbases of bad teams absolutely knowing they have no actual hope for the playoffs or a Superbowl that's when people watch something else. No television ratings means no money and that is bad for the NFL.

OP
OP
gowazzu02

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Mike Rob gave great arguments though. Man great to have a person talking that knows where on a Map Seattle is.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
gowazzu02":11bwurxu said:

It's not ignorance, it's the fact that all the talking heads want to go outside the box on picks in order to stand out and trigger discussion.

No one gives someone credit for picking the favorite.

drcool

Reaction score
Sando had an article up this morning about the Seahawks repeating. Says it's unfair to compare the chances of a repeat to a wildcard team that gets on a hot streak. We were the best team going into the playoffs and need to be compared to those teams. The last two? Patriots who repeated and New Orleans who probably would have repeated if not for Beast Mode.

OP
OP
gowazzu02

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1mnyvmqw said:
gowazzu02":1mnyvmqw said:

It's not ignorance, it's the fact that all the talking heads want to go outside the box on picks in order to stand out and trigger discussion.

Outside the box? The other picks are New Orleans, Denver and New England......maybe a SF every once ina while. Thats nowhere near out of the box.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
gowazzu02":2t8gzi0x said:
Sgt. Largent":2t8gzi0x said:
gowazzu02":2t8gzi0x said:

Outside the box? The other picks are New Orleans, Denver and New England......maybe a SF every once ina while. Thats nowhere near out of the box.

What's wrong with those picks? Why get all worked up over the pundits picking perfectly credible teams that have a good chance of winning?

It's like you guys freak out if even ONE person doesn't pick the Hawks for EVERY SINGLE GAME......like it's a personal vendetta against the entire region.

Who the hell cares? It's idiots on TV talking. Jesus, we won the freakin SB, LET.IT.GO.

OP
OP
gowazzu02

gowazzu02

Reaction score
drcool":ay7n4sd9 said:
Sando had an article up this morning about the Seahawks repeating. Says it's unfair to compare the chances of a repeat to a wildcard team that gets on a hot streak. We were the best team going into the playoffs and need to be compared to those teams. The last two? Patriots who repeated and New Orleans who probably would have repeated if not for Beast Mode.

Great point.....

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Picking us is boring. Most want to pick the opposite to get a reaction from viewers.

Tical21

Reaction score
Think about it. One Super Bowl Champion in the past 8 years has even won a playoff game the next year. Imagine if the winner of the Super Bowl last year wasn't the Hawks. Imagine if it was, say, the Broncos. Knowing the trends, the Broncos would be one of the least likely to win the Super Bowl the next year. If the Broncos has won it last year, would you be picking them this year? I wouldn't. And, oh yeah, who cares?

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Tical21":2woyfo0l said:
Think about it. One Super Bowl Champion in the past 8 years has even won a playoff game the next year. Imagine if the winner of the Super Bowl last year wasn't the Hawks. Imagine if it was, say, the Broncos. Knowing the trends, the Broncos would be one of the least likely to win the Super Bowl the next year. If the Broncos has won it last year, would you be picking them this year? I wouldn't. And, oh yeah, who cares?

If the Broncos won last year I am pretty sure Manning would retire and then they would plummet into the cellar

Largent80

Reaction score
Why does this baffle you or anybody?

You are not used to this after 38 years worth?

Who Cares what anyone says about the Hawks?

Bring on football.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
PLEASE GOD KICK THE BALL OFF AND END ALL OF THIS

lsheldon

Reaction score
Tical21":290p1em2 said:

If the Bronco's had won last year, every media pundit alive would be calling him the greatest of all time. He likely wouldn't have retired, cause you know he'd want one more Super Bowl title than little bro has. Every talking head would now be automatically calling them champions, with only the season standing in the way as a formality.