It absolutely baffles me the amount of people not picking us

Uncle Si

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":1g9hf47p said:
gowazzu02":1g9hf47p said:
I mean it's really ridiculous. the Peter King quote, Seattles the best deepest team ive seen all preseason but wont pick them because. Just watched NFLAM and the only ones who picked seattle to even get back were big play babs and mikerob.

Nobody has any damn reason besides its hard to repeat....... What does Ray Lewis and Ed Reed riding off into the sunset or Flacco getting his huge contract have to do with Seattles off season? What about the Giants, having their HOF dlineman. Or how about GB just straight up choking after going 15-1?

I don't get it. The ignorance to whats going on in Seattle is just baffling.
It's to drive ratings and viewership if they actually told the truth people would be bored and tune out. The NFL doesn't want to have fanbases of bad teams absolutely knowing they have no actual hope for the playoffs or a Superbowl that's when people watch something else. No television ratings means no money and that is bad for the NFL.

yeah its really not rocket science. its as simple as "take the contrarian view to spike interest"

I thought we would all be beyond this stuff by now? we are easily the most talked about team in the league at the moment.

anyone remember the "Media Disrespect" forum we used to have on here?

davidonmi

Reaction score
What's even more baffling is the amount of people picking Denver. Saying seattle won't repeat cause it's so hard to do but ignoring the fact no Super Bowl loser has come back to win the next year since 72

The Radish

Reaction score
THE SEAHAWKS WILL NOT WIN THIS GAME!

No

Green Bay will lose it

Won't matter when we win 40-10 or even worse. All the channels and big names will find some reason that the Pack was obviously the better team but just lost on bad breaks.

Am I wrong?

:les:

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
The network folks are just group - thinking that's all.
I've turned off ESPN and NFLN until the start of the game.

Shock2k

Reaction score
Can somebody actually point to anyone picking against the Seahawks on a major news/sports source?g

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Shock2k":177pzhmo said:
Can somebody actually point to anyone picking against the Seahawks on a major news/sports source?g
Some dude named Wickersham on ESPN picked the Packers...

Mick063

Reaction score
The modern NFL as an institution, in it's effort to appeal to the largest audience possible, has adopted two idealistic axioms.

1) Parity
2) Offense reigns supreme.

Seattle blows these axioms up.

Seattle is "Jonathon E" from the original movie "Rollerball". Already, the rules committee has given the order to kill their defense.

We all know how the movie ended.

kpak76

Reaction score
drcool":3pp09tt5 said:
Sando had an article up this morning about the Seahawks repeating. Says it's unfair to compare the chances of a repeat to a wildcard team that gets on a hot streak. We were the best team going into the playoffs and need to be compared to those teams. The last two? Patriots who repeated and New Orleans who probably would have repeated if not for Beast Mode.

I would also put the Packers in that list too. They screwed the pooch in the playoffs when they went 15-1 following their SB run. Lets hope thats not us. They where the clear consensus as the best team in the NFL that year but couldn't get it done when it counted the most.

kpak76

Reaction score
gowazzu02":3m8r4r12 said:
Sgt. Largent":3m8r4r12 said:
gowazzu02":3m8r4r12 said:

It's not ignorance, it's the fact that all the talking heads want to go outside the box on picks in order to stand out and trigger discussion.

No one gives someone credit for picking the favorite.

Outside the box? The other picks are New Orleans, Denver and New England......maybe a SF every once ina while. Thats nowhere near out of the box.

The Denver pick baffles me. The reason why a lot of these guys think the Hawks wont make it is because of the SB hangover that happens the next year. Are these guys not paying attention to the SB losers and what happens to them the next year? Certainly, a lot of that logic doesn't apply to the Broncos, but it applys even less to the Hawks. People want that sexy offensive team to be the one so bad, they ignore facts that stare at them in the face.

kpak76

Reaction score
Tical21":2lxu6god said:
Think about it. One Super Bowl Champion in the past 8 years has even won a playoff game the next year. Imagine if the winner of the Super Bowl last year wasn't the Hawks. Imagine if it was, say, the Broncos. Knowing the trends, the Broncos would be one of the least likely to win the Super Bowl the next year. If the Broncos has won it last year, would you be picking them this year? I wouldn't. And, oh yeah, who cares?

Think about it, the Super Bowl losers have an even less success, yet I have seen a ton of picks for the Donks to head back to the SB. It's flawed logic at best.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
To the original post: Babs actually picked NE-NO in the SB. Real Rob picked us. I think you misunderstood what they were talking about. They both picked us to win THIS GAME tonight. Babs DID NOT pick us to go all the way.
Having said that, the media is SCRIPTED. I don't pay it no mind.
Personally, I cannot see it happening again. Yes, it's just that hard to do. Injuries are probably the biggest player here. The chances that we go through the season relatively healthy are very slim and I feel that we are going to have major problems stopping the run this year. JMO.

kpak76

Reaction score
Shock2k":1wumjd96 said:

Check out CBS's picks. 5 out of 8 of them picked GB over SEA today against the spread. Actuall, that probably doesn't sound as ridiculous when you consider the spread is set at 5.5 points. I personally would have pick GB over the spread myself.

seahawksny

Reaction score
kpak76":2bc7zqc7 said:
Shock2k":2bc7zqc7 said:

Check out CBS's picks. 5 out of 8 of them picked GB over SEA today against the spread. Actuall, that probably doesn't sound as ridiculous when you consider the spread is set at 5.5 points. I personally would have pick GB over the spread myself.

Its going to be like the Saint game in week 13 last year
something like 24-7 at half and a 34-14 win.

People in their infinite stupidity will rave about Rodgers because he will throw for 350, which will come in 4th playing catchup

Take it to the bank; Hawks WILL WIN BY AT LEAST TWO TDs

bigDhawk

Reaction score
gowazzu02":1u0b50in said:
I mean it's really ridiculous. the Peter King quote, Seattles the best deepest team ive seen all preseason but wont pick them because. Just watched NFLAM and the only ones who picked seattle to even get back were big play babs and mikerob.

Nobody has any damn reason besides its hard to repeat....... What does Ray Lewis and Ed Reed riding off into the sunset or Flacco getting his huge contract have to do with Seattles off season? What about the Giants, having their HOF dlineman. Or how about GB just straight up choking after going 15-1?

The year the Seahawks fit mold the national media uses to make predictions and become a concessus favorite is the year I know we are done.

seahawk Dan

Reaction score
gowazzu02":13wfzjqd said:

If the Hawks are looking tonight like anything in season we will repeat , as the team is going to get better and better it is a process. LOOKS GREAT SO FAR