how to get a tailgating spot?

Hawknballs

Reaction score
What's the best way to get a tailgating spot at the game? What are the good areas and how early do you need to arrive to park? My dad and I go to the games but aside from mingling in the area we haven't participated much. He just got a new camper on his truck so we were thinking its time to head down early and check it out.

pmedic920

Reaction score
From what I've read, a lot of people take their rig down the day before. Doubt that helps you much but maybe it will stir things up enough to get you some answers.

OP
OP
Hawknballs

Hawknballs

Reaction score
we thought about doing that...are there laws agianst parking it somewhere and sleeping in it? I'm assuming there are.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Idk friend. I'm in Texas.
I've just heard many say that's what they do.
I'd guess it all depends where you try to park and if it's public curbside or private property.
Seattle may have no camping laws and you may have a hard time if they think you are camping. Hopefully somebody in the know will post up.

You could always call Seattle PD.

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
I'd assume you need to know the person that owns the lot? Depends on where you are talking about.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
that dirt road by the train tracks(3rd avenue?). Free parking, get there early, but its a quality spot.

Tbone

Reaction score
Also heard that the north lot is not allowing RV's this year....

Fudwamper

Reaction score
South end near the rail yard you can stay over night but don't plan to sleep, cracking of the cars.

It us going to be tough to find a spot thursday, nothing is free, lots charge a lot. I plan to go down early around 10:00 or so to look for parking.

McG

Reaction score
I wish that tailgating was something that was celebrated by the city of Seattle and not discouraged so much. I don't know how much has changed in the last few years since I've moved away, but I remember the city doing all they could to make it almost impossible to tailgate. Why not just charge extra to do it in the parking lot? Staff a couple of cops there and/or private security and make some extra money off of it. It can't be any worse than the club/bar/party scene downtown on a Friday/Saturday night. Down in the south, tailgating, especially for college football games is celebrated and much of the tradition of the game.

Good luck though, I really hope you can find somewhere to have fun!

pmedic920

Reaction score
Houston tailgating is epic.
Very common for folks to repurpose school buses old RVs and such.
The parking lots were set up from the onset, to tailgate.
Reliant/NRG stadium in the middle of nothing though.
Seattle may not have as good tailgating as some places but the football experience is unique and very enjoyable. I like both. Tailgating can be very labor intensive and costly. If you don't buy parking as a season ticket holder, a tailgating spot in Houston can easily cost over $100. Sunday day games the line starts as early as midnight on sat.
What Seattle has is not bad, just different.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Hawknballs":3t21n9ov said:
What's the best way to get a tailgating spot at the game? What are the good areas and how early do you need to arrive to park? My dad and I go to the games but aside from mingling in the area we haven't participated much. He just got a new camper on his truck so we were thinking its time to head down early and check it out.

There's not a lot of good places in Seattle to tailgate. The stadium parking lot is virtually non existent and there's not very many open spaces like there is with stadiums built in the suburbs. It's going to be even worse for the Packer's game. It's a weekday, meaning that all the usual spots are likely to be filled by 9 to 5'ers that work downtown. Secondly, there is going to be a lot of activities going on in Pioneer Square and SODO this Thursday afternoon, meaning that even more people will be showing up early or showing up just to attend the pregame stuff.

Ditto the remark made about Houston tailgating. I went to the game there last season and we had a blast both before and after the game. The Houston fans made it all very enjoyable. They lost a tough game and were still very good sports about it. We were treated like royalty everywhere we went.