Lindys Sports "Leading Football Authority" ERROR

Rainger

Reaction score
So I picked up Lindy's Football mag today and started reading about the Seahawks.

Now, I am used to the media not paying attention to Seattle and this is not a thread intended as a whine about the East Coast media however one would have thought that a little proof reading about the facts they present in their mag would have been reasonable before they went to print.

In their AT A GLANCE box they are informing us about the Seattle Seahawks well "at a glance" HAHA right.

According to the mag Pete Carroll is in his 4th year with the Seahawks. Ummm, NO he is in his 5th year.
His record with Seattle is 27-25. Ummm, NO his record is 38 and 26 not counting playoffs.
His record according to them in the playoffs is 2 and 2. Ummm, NO he is 5 and 2. (btw this stat should have tipped them off since he could not win a SB and be 2 and 2.
He is going into his 8th season as HC. Ummm NO he is going into his 9th season.
Finally they indicate his over all coaching record is 61-58, and only 3 and 4 in the playoffs. Ummm, NO his record is 71 and 57 and 6 and 4 in the playoffs.

So my observation is that even though they write about the Hawks winning the SB they don't think Pete was with the team because the stats they provide could not include a SB with only 2 playoff wins. Now this is most likely just be bad copy and paste from last years mag and they are still glancing at the Hawks after the 2012 season however if is pretty sloppy of a magazine going to print with this glaring of a lack of proof reading.

No I am not saying this is bias, I am not saying they are dis-respecting us, just that anyone even remotely looking at what was being shown in those stats should have been able to see that some thing was wrong with the stats if they even remotely followed the team and the 2013 season. Corrections should have been made before going to print.

MB12

Reaction score
I saw this on sale in the UK and thought I would pick it up.

What a waste of £8, absolutely disgraceful

OP
OP
Rainger

Rainger

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":3shr5p1h said:
Tylerhawk":3shr5p1h said:
is the mag a year old?

My first thought as well. Most of that data is correct a year ago.
Nope 2014 edition. They predict that we will lose to GB in the NFC final and Denver will win the SB over GB.

I mean after all if you are the media you need to predict a Manning/Rodgers SB. Don't you?

Latest posts