Any ideas on the personnel game plan for Thursday at Oak?

SonomaHawk

Reaction score
I'm asking because I'm going. Does RW see any action? Defensive starters for how long? Do we see the likes of Percy, ETIII returning kicks? The Hawks have been so aggressive personnel wise this pre-season, which I love. Is it over?

Basis4day

Reaction score
I see many of the starters played in game 4 last year for at least a series (No Lynch).

I'd expect something similar absent any nicked players. They won't be in for long.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
The starters usually only play one series in the 4th preseason game.

I'd be happy with handing it off to Coleman three straight time and GTFO.

sutz

Reaction score
Someone here suggested the O-line starters may play a bit longer than they normally would in Pre-4, which I think I would support. They haven't gotten a lot of work together yet. Other than that, it's all about the final cuts this coming weekend.

But no official word, which is normal BTW. It's not something the team would release this early in the week. ;)

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
I think they should play Wilson for a quarter.

And the starting O-Line for a whole Half.

Everything else is whatever but I feel Wilson needs to get the best feel for his protection as well as the O-Line needs any type chemistry building. Britt should play the whole game even for his own experience.

OP
OP
SonomaHawk

SonomaHawk

Reaction score
Thanks- that sounds about right. RW and the 1st receiving core for one series, maybe give the O-line a bit more for cohesiveness-- a full quarter or two from them would be great. The ones on D seem like they could play a bit longer-- maybe the whole 1st quarter... would be great to see Malcolm Smith get some more game-action.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Pete was on KIRO this morning and intimated that pretty much everyone would get to play when asked if the starters would be playing this week. I'd imagine they don't play the starters too long, but the first quarter would be appropriate. We get to start early so it's just a regular week for us after Thursday's game they will need to immediately go into Regular Season mode.

All I hope for this week is no injuries