SEA

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
HAWKS

Bold Prediction: Seahawks will have a Top 3 Offense this year to pair with a Top 3 Defense.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":2oqscai6 said:
Also, Wilson will win MVP this year, or at least get an OPOY.
Never happen unless Pey Pey is out doncha know this is the Donkey's year, the NFL mandated it.

Cartire

Reaction score
Ive seen great things the last few weeks. But I want to caution over-optimism, because these are still preseason games.

We know we have the tools. We know Harvin is a major X factor to success. We know, a still efficient Beast mode, will be wonders and spell trouble for others. But, we are still playing teams with limited gameplans and limited film study. We have to be prepared for everything. There may come a counter that we havent thought of, and another smart coach or extreme athlete from another team will be successful over us. Lets not get too far into the ride until its at least started.

Sac

Reaction score
If Wilson shows he's the best player on the best team, he'll win mvp.

I think 13 wins with 30+ touchdowns and a third year over 100 passer rating gets it done.

brettb3

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":o3ph3e8s said:
Pandion Haliaetus":o3ph3e8s said:
Never happen unless Pey Pey is out doncha know this is the Donkey's year, the NFL mandated it.
Nah, that was last year.

Ruminator

Reaction score
We still have certain issues on offense. Wilson continues to lack solid protection, forcing him to look for receivers on the run. And this was behind our starters tonight. Yes, we scored in our first five possessions, but with the lack of solid protection we witnessed in the just-completed key preseason game, I'm not sure our offense will even be in the top 10 going into November-December.

That notwithstanding, a lot of things are looking really good. That Wilson-Kearse connection is starting to look like something that can be counted on for 4+ plays minimum per game. A huge ingredient in moving the chains toward the red zone.

Maybe the OL will gradually improve, game by game.

Cartire

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":3lmby2og said:
If Wilson shows he's the best player on the best team, he'll win mvp.

I think 13 wins with 30+ touchdowns and a third year over 100 passer rating gets it done.

I could see if the passer ratings stays up.

He'll have to maintain his TD:INT ratio though to do it. If he does that, yah, hes got it. Barring some running back or Calvin Johnson dont go on some insane run. It is getting to the point where they are wanting to not give it to a QB again. Everyone is getting tired of it. Any skill position player that has an insane year this year, will have a good chance and might take it over your standard QB stats that would normally make it.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
I'd like to think we'll field a top 3 offense, but with our schedule it's going to be pretty tough. 6 games against what will likely be top 10 defenses just with our division games, plus Carolina, KC and Philly on the road. Denver (much improved defensively) and Green Bay at home too. We'll see.

OP
OP
P

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Yeah, DVOA metrics would be the best.

Traditional standards, I wouldn't go by yardage.

So we are looking at Points Scored and to be more exact Points Per Drive.

So, Seahawks will be top 3 in DVOA, PS, and PPD.

TXHawk

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":3ruajr6l said:

Naw, they've already got Andrew Luck penciled in for that if he ever gets his passer rating over 90.