seahawks.com posts official depth chart today.

Jville

Reaction score
Link >>> [urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/team/depth-chart.html[/urltargetblank]

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Only a few surprises on there. Don't think Richardson should be 4th string or Coyle 3rd, but I don't see them in practice either.

Otherwise, strong looking group of starters, IMO.

titan3131

Reaction score
you have to think that the organization might use this to light a fire under some of these players.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
hawksfan515":3t5ci6u5 said:
Is lockette our 3rd WR?
4th, really. Even on PC's PC the other day, coach mentioned the first 3 and then the rest.

But I think Lockette plays every WR position now. You'll see him outside and in the slot some too.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Norwood? Does his omission mean that his bone spur surgery didn't go as well as planned? There are other injured players on this depth chart but not Norwood.

Polk738

Reaction score
Justin Britt starting as right tackle....ooo..that's gonna be ugly, I can already see where the Demarcus Ware's and Robert Quinns are gonna be lining up

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Polk738":1r42zx37 said:
Justin Britt starting as right tackle....ooo..that's gonna be ugly, I can already see where the Demarcus Ware's and Robert Quinns are gonna be lining up

Have a little faith, camp fodder. He hasn't even played his 1st NFL game yet.

Asked how Britt was doing, Cable said: “So far, I would give him an A."

Come on.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
brimsalabim":347031sv said:

RENTON, Wash. -- Seattle Seahawks rookie wide receiver Kevin Norwood had surgery Tuesday ( Aug 5 ) to remove a bone spur from his foot.

"It was a real nagging situation and we didn't want him to try to tough it out," Seahawks coach Pete Carroll said of Norwood. "He could tough it out and he has in the past, but we wanted to try to fix it and get him right.

"We think it's going to be a really quick recovery. He could make it back by the end [of the preseason]. We have to see how it goes. The guy's been playing with a lot of pain and he just sucks it up and goes through it, but hopefully we figured out how to help him."

Norwood is a fourth-round draft pick from Alabama who has impressed everyone with his sure hands and ability to make tough catches in traffic. How fast he recovers could impact who makes the 53-man roster at the receiver spots.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
Ziggyy108":1jmvbbb3 said:
no korey toomer?

Both Irvin and Toomer have been placed on the preseason PUP list, which is different than the regular season PUP list in that they can come off of it at any time and begin practicing. The reason for placing players there, though, is that they can eventually transition to the regular season PUP list if their injuries do not abate, and in that case, they would miss at leas the first six weeks of the seaosn.

That said, for now, for both, the decision is precautionary. Seahawks coach Pete Carroll said that Bruce would likely need all of the preseason before returning to full heath (offseason hip surgery), but Toomer was very close to coming back, still suffering from a nagging hamstring injury.

Coxal

Reaction score
biggest surprise for me is Jeffcoat ahead of Pierre-Louis at LOLB!

Hawks46

Reaction score
brimsalabim":2s9ve6zh said:
Norwood? Does his omission mean that his bone spur surgery didn't go as well as planned? There are other injured players on this depth chart but not Norwood.

It's not consistent in that area. I see some injured guys on there, but also very far back. Kevin Pierre-Lewis most likely won't be behind Jeffcoat, but he hasn't been playing. Toomer isn't on there at all either, but he's been mentioned by Carroll repeatedly throughout camp.

This might just be a preseason depth chart for the next game. Richardson isn't on a roster bubble, but he shows it on the DC. I'm surprised to see Lockette ahead of Bates as they've been talking Bates up too.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Eh.. have a hard time believing a few of these. Paul Richardson is not the 7th/8th string WR right now.. that's lunacy.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Hawks46":1bu8mpcs said:
brimsalabim":1bu8mpcs said:

It's not consistent in that area. I see some injured guys on there, but also very far back. Kevin Pierre-Lewis most likely won't be behind Jeffcoat, but he hasn't been playing. Toomer isn't on there at all either, but he's been mentioned by Carroll repeatedly throughout camp.

This might just be a preseason depth chart for the next game. Richardson isn't on a roster bubble, but he shows it on the DC. I'm surprised to see Lockette ahead of Bates as they've been talking Bates up too.

Norwood loses the walking boot next week. The other injured players are much further along absent Irvin.
It's a preseason depth chart. Don't put much stock in it.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
3 preseason games yet to go before the regular season..wouldnt read too much into this depth chart.This is a mix of projected starters along with trying to place in rookies and some guys who may not even make the team

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Pete doesn't like Depth Charts, to me this is a very pro forma type thing. Reality and demonstrable play would certainly result in a fair number of changes to the order players are ranked.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Meh, it's worthless, Ricardo Lockette is not that good suddenly. Richardson is in no way a 7-8 receiver and Norwood among others that are injured that probably make the team (Toomer) aren't even on the chart.