seahawks.com posts official depth chart today.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
This depth chart is pretty straightforward. You have the assumed locks, and the next tier of players seem to be those with experience and years in the system.

Obviously, Richardson is going to make the team but he is still a rookie... so the team is placing value in Lockette, Walters, and Bates for having experience in the system.

Britt is different from Richardson in that they drafted Britt to compete to start while Richardson was more complementary depth. So, to me it makes sense with what they are doing with Britt, making work to an expectation while motivating Winston to compete with Britt. It might not make each player better but it will make them work harder. Either way bottom line is... its not going to take much to replace 2013 Giacomini/Bowie RT. Imo, Britt is already better than Bowie and Winston is upgrade over Giacomini.

The most surprising thing that caught my eye though and no one has mentioned is that they list Bruce Irvin as the starting SAM LBer despite all the bally-hooing that Smith should be the starter.

Smith as the 4th LBer make sense to me, he's a little smaller than the other three starters, so he'll hold up better as a reserve. When they are all healthy, they all can easily get snaps as Smith can come in Nickel packages, rotate out with both Irvin and Wright at times, and obviously can spot start if needed. While Irvin should get snaps as a LEO and Wright can spell Wagner at Mike. Everyone should have opportunities to contribute and make plays.