Chargers look to improve their run defense verses Seahawks

Jville

Reaction score
Remember Eric D Williams .... formally of the Tacoma New Tribune? He is now the San Diego Chargers reporter for ESPN. Nice to have a familiar well respected reporter for the next preseason game opponent.

Head Coach McCoy: Run defense needs to improve >>>> [urltargetblank]http://espn.go.com/blog/san-diego-chargers/post/_/id/6134/mccoy-says-run-defense-needs-improvement[/urltargetblank]

brimsalabim

Reaction score
The Bolts looked solid in their first outing (except for the running back fumble in the end zone)
Their offense looked smooth and their Oline I med well. Rivers looked real good.

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
Eric adds an article about Charger cornerback status going into preseason game with Seahawks.

"Flowers targets return to the field vs. Hawks" >>> [urltargetblank]http://espn.go.com/blog/san-diego-chargers/post/_/id/6150/flowers-targets-return-to-the-field-vs-seahawks[/urltargetblank]

chawx

Reaction score
brimsalabim":1wyomghn said:
The Bolts looked solid in their first outing (except for the running back fumble in the end zone)
Their offense looked smooth and their Oline I med well. Rivers looked real good.

Doesn't Rivers always look real good this time of year?

Largent80

Reaction score
Kinda weird playing 3 of the 4 AFC west teams we will face during the season in the pre season.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Largent80":2eawxvon said:
Kinda weird playing 3 of the 4 AFC west teams we will face during the season in the pre season.
I agree... but when your roster numbers 90, it's best to play away preseason games closer to home.

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
Chargers looking to stop the run.

Check out the skittles background on Williams' latest article ... I like it!

"Te'o solid in preseason opener vs. Dallas" >>> [urltargetblank]http://espn.go.com/blog/san-diego-chargers/post/_/id/6166/teo-solid-in-exhibition-opener-vs-cowboys[/urltargetblank]

brimsalabim

Reaction score
chawx":2a4sdjux said:
brimsalabim":2a4sdjux said:

Doesn't Rivers always look real good this time of year?
That's because he is real good. His play suffered because of poor management and coaching decisions. He had a GM that let his running back go, let the OL deteriorate, let his WR's go and his TE was constantly injured. Meanwhile he had a head coach with a playbook from the early 80's that would only call slow developing deep passing plays despite having no pass protection and 0 threat of the run. Add to that the fact that he goes home to a wife and 7 kids every night and no wonder he struggled. They appear to have things in order again and Rivers suddenly looks back to form.

Largent80

Reaction score
Gonna be a tough game in September down there. However, I happen to know that there be 12's comin to that party.

Whatever that is worth. It is worth energy and that is fact.

I've always liked Rivers. I could care less about the pre season game vs. them except to stay injury free.