Could Sherman cover Andre Reed?....."Hell no!"

drdiags

Reaction score
This is the usual stupid question asked of an ex-athlete if worth his salt isn't going to give an answer that can just be thrown away. Very much the same type of question asked of J Stevens, when asked about Jerome Bettis playing in Detroit against the Seahawks in XL.

These folks don't report the news, they help instigate the story. Like McGinest (I like Willie but come on man!) with Sherman, or NFLN folks with Cromartie or you name it.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
The LOB would have shut him down. Sherm or who ever else matched up against Reed.

Subzero717

Reaction score
Whosyourmama said the same junk. Oddly enough he couldnt do anything outside of Cincy with talent surrounding him.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
andre reed and chris carter combine for 0 rings.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":27qo6li2 said:
Hell, Sherman's already got TWO more All-Pros than Reed. Reed never even got one. Who is this loser?

Reed's in the HoF as of this year. If Sherman can put together a career of 10-15 years like Reed did a the level he's playing, then he'll get there too.

All of these high performing guys think they're the best. Find me a HoF receiver who would say that that Sherman would shut them down. And this wasn't a "can Sherman cover Reed" question/answer if you go read the quote; he was clearly asked if Sherman could "check" him. He also said that he wasn't Sanders or Woodson "yet". He was comparing Sherman to two HoF DBs, which should be a good indicator that he thinks Sherman will get there if he continues to play at a high level. People are digging so deep in the noise at this point to find a slight to get upset about that it's comical.

To Reed's credit, dude was doing it when you were allowed to do some hardcore stuff on receivers. He was used to playing secondaries like the LoB back in the 80s and early 90s.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Andy Reid is so big, 3 Sherman's couldn't COVER him.
uva2e6y9.jpg

Wait....
Who were we talikin' bout?

MadSweeney

Reaction score
bmorepunk":vqok95db said:
RolandDeschain":vqok95db said:
Hell, Sherman's already got TWO more All-Pros than Reed. Reed never even got one. Who is this loser?

Reed's in the HoF as of this year. If Sherman can put together a career of 10-15 years like Reed did a the level he's playing, then he'll get there too.

All of these high performing guys think they're the best. Find me a HoF receiver who would say that that Sherman would shut them down. And this wasn't a "can Sherman cover Reed" question/answer if you go read the quote; he was clearly asked if Sherman could "check" him. He also said that he wasn't Sanders or Woodson "yet". He was comparing Sherman to two HoF DBs, which should be a good indicator that he thinks Sherman will get there if he continues to play at a high level. People are digging so deep in the noise at this point to find a slight to get upset about that it's comical.

To Reed's credit, dude was doing it when you were allowed to do some hardcore stuff on receivers. He was used to playing secondaries like the LoB back in the 80s and early 90s.
Careful with that kind of talk or you'll be labelled a Niner fan or something worse.

UGotHawked

Reaction score
Good grief! I actually feel bad for Sherm to have to deal with this crap on a weekly basis. Dude just got elected to the HoF, and he still feels the need to go there? WHY?? Just like Cris Carter going after ABD and Co. as if they weren't at his level. WHY??

I guess I would tell Andre, that he isn't Steve Largent, MIke Irvin or Jerry Rice....even if he thinks he is. smh

seedhawk

Reaction score
UGotHawked":tcl181st said:
Good grief! I actually feel bad for Sherm to have to deal with this crap on a weekly basis. Dude just got elected to the HoF, and he still feels the need to go there? WHY?? Just like Cris Carter going after ABD and Co. as if they weren't at his level. WHY??

I guess I would tell Andre, that he isn't Steve Largent, MIke Irvin or Jerry Rice....even if he thinks he is. smh

And if asked the same question in the same way, Rice, Largent, and Irvin would give the same answer. Phrased differently.

kearly

Reaction score
Pretty long list of elite WRs that Sherman has shut down, including a guy some people think will go down as the best WR in the history of the game. Not sure why guys like Reed and Housh would think they are exceptions.

Claden

Reaction score
Of course he's going to say no. Every reciever would say the same thing. It's an ego position. None of them think they can be stopped/covered.

Is it training camp time yet? :les: