NFL Top 100 Players

HawkFan72

Reaction score
So Kam Chancellor is on the list, but we are down through 31 and he is the only Seahawk.

I am kind of surprised that Wilson, Earl, Sherman, and Lynch will all be in the Top 30. Is it possible that one of them didn't make the list (I thought I read that those were confirmed), or will the list really have a Top-heavy Seahawk presence?

gowazzu02

Reaction score
It's been said that 5 hawks make the list.

No real surpise that RW, Beast, ET and Sherm are top 30.

Wouldn't be surprised if all 4 are top 20.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Also, I know its a "bogus" list, and a popularity contest, or whatever but I do enjoy watching the show. I love hearing what the players think of the guys on the list.

Mike Rob has had a pretty big role in the player interviews.

halps80

Reaction score
I also find it hard to believe that Michael Bennett didn't make the cut.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
I actually think Wagner might deserve it more then Mike Bennett.

Look at how bad our D was the STL game when he wasn't out there.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
It doesn't give credit to the impact guys like Avril and Bennett have bring to the field. I wouldn't want anyone else but those guys on the team doing what they do.

They both incredible all season long and in spite of all the predictions that Manning wouldn't get touched, they hammered the pressure for the entire Super Bowl, had Kaeperstank running like crazy and even got to Breesus.

Those 2 turned a top defense into THE top defense. The turnovers and game changing plays they made are unmatched.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
the show is a little bogus, Roethlisberger in the top 30-something really?

However I like it myself. There are some players that I end up overlooking that are really good, so it's nice when the show highlights them. Most notable DeAndre Levy of the lions, never even heard of the guy but he had a great year. I wouldn't have known anything about the guy if not for the show.

Wilson, Lynch, Thomas, Sherman all are on it. I wouldn't be surprised of two of them are in the top 10.

fridayfrenzy

Reaction score
For a list that is so widely recognized, the NFL Network should have a better process of assembling the top 100 list.

I am not sure if they changed it but previously it was having players write down 20 names in no particular order, no position requirement, etc and then the votes were tallied.

I saw a good idea somewhere about direct comparison voting that updates as the votes are made. So a player would sit down in front of a computer and be shown Player A and Player B, they would vote for the better player and immediately be shown a vote for Player C and Player D, and do this a number of times and the computer would shift the rankings basically construct a list after a while.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
If Luck is ranked ahead of Dangeruss again I am going to lose a biscuit. For real.
The next QB should be Luck and then Russell but the way the announcer were talking, it will be the opposite.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
fridayfrenzy":2kdnij9n said:
For a list that is so widely recognized, the NFL Network should have a better process of assembling the top 100 list.

I am not sure if they changed it but previously it was having players write down 20 names in no particular order, no position requirement, etc and then the votes were tallied.

I saw a good idea somewhere about direct comparison voting that updates as the votes are made. So a player would sit down in front of a computer and be shown Player A and Player B, they would vote for the better player and immediately be shown a vote for Player C and Player D, and do this a number of times and the computer would shift the rankings basically construct a list after a while.

agree. this is one case where I'd rather have some of the media doing the voting. Not sure how players can rate guys they have no time to watch. Most of us probably see a lot more of some players than the players themselves do during the season.

kidhawk

Reaction score
I don't mind the "inaccuracy" of the way they compile the list. That is part of the draw. It makes for better discussion points. It wouldn't be half as interesting if everyone was ranked "properly"

JaiSeaSea

Reaction score
I think it's almost impossible to rank these guys "properly" the way it's set up anyway. The only way to do that, IMO, would be by position but then it turns into something like the all pro status. There are some where I'm like "wtf?!?" But overall I enjoy it. Also it's fun having anticipation on NOT seeing Hawks every week and knowing they are coming up higher and higher!

kidhawk

Reaction score
JaiSeaSea":3b87tvxl said:
I think it's almost impossible to rank these guys "properly" the way it's set up anyway. The only way to do that, IMO, would be by position but then it turns into something like the all pro status. There are some where I'm like "wtf?!?" But overall I enjoy it. Also it's fun having anticipation on NOT seeing Hawks every week and knowing they are coming up higher and higher!

Yessssss....it's the only show I can think of, that I watch, where I am actively rooting NOT to see any Seahawks week in and week out. The fewer we see now, the more we see later and THAT is a good thing

lobohawk

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":zezrsbd2 said:
If Luck is ranked ahead of Dangeruss again I am going to lose a biscuit. For real.
The next QB should be Luck and then Russell but the way the announcer were talking, it will be the opposite.

Luck shouldn't even have been in front of Rivers. Especially after last year.

Steve2222

Reaction score
gowazzu02":26rpne2c said:
I actually think Wagner might deserve it more then Mike Bennett.

Look at how bad our D was the STL game when he wasn't out there.

Giving up 6 points on the road is considered bad?

And no it's not hard to believe that those four will be in the Top 30. And yes all four will be in the Top 30. ET and Sherman will probably be in the Top 10.

Latest posts