Hearing more posturing about Beast retiring.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

drdevin

Reaction score
If he doesn't get a new contract. IMO let him walk. Beast has been great for the hawks and the hawks have been great to him back. Just look at the past situation he's been in on to see for yourself what the possible alternative could still be out there. He's getting paid in the top 4-5 of all rb's in the league at 28years old. As we all know, most rb's will start to slow down in the next year or two and with that salary, Beast wouldn't be worth it. So if we wants to threaten the hawks after all the positives that have taken place over the last few years, I'd say either let him walk (which I don't think he'd do if we called his bluff) or trade him if we could get at least a 3rd rounder for him. The positive is we have a group of backs with a lot of potential, low salary cap, we can move the $ we would have paid Beast to one of the other players the FO is looking to lock up and we don't have to pay a player who will be on the down-hill side of his career big $.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Based on his contract he will likely get released after this season. I'll worry about Lynch's future when Mini-camps start next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.