[RUMOR] Guy on Reddit says Sherman is celebrating extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

LawHawk

Reaction score
Here is the link.

Here's what he says:

Just ran into Richard, his brother and his mother at a popular (I've seen Felix, Marshawn and Deon Butler at this location) grocery store in Bellevue. After Richard walked away a managerial employee asked his mother what the occasion was (they were buying very expensive champagne) and his mother spilled the beans. 5yrs, 13.5m, 32m guaranteed. She said it will be announced in the next day or so. I'm posting this on a throwaway because of how ridiculous it sounds. Hope she wasn't joking. Go Hawks.

I have no reason to believe this is true, but I sure hope it is.

Smellyman

Reaction score
mother gave contract details to a grocery store employee.

nope

Throwdown

Reaction score
In the insanely off chance this is true, I'm gonna do cartwheels at work and kick my boss in the chin out of happiness.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
I could buy it if they only said we are celebrating his new deal but to talk actual figures seems quite vulgar and unlikely.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
"Submitted 7 hours ago by [deleted]". The person deleted their profile. Nothing to see here.

McG

Reaction score
Ha, I realize this is the offseason, but is this really what it's coming to? Even if it's true (which 99.9% of it seems fake) why hasn't it been reported? They must be waiting for the draft so Sherman can compete with all the other hype of the draft for headlines. Come on.

nwgamer

Reaction score
It does sound like a reasonable contract though. At least in the ballpark anyway. But telling a grocery store clerk the details seems a bit off. Maybe she was caught up in the moment. Or maybe it is just BS.

ManBunts

Reaction score
God I hope this is true. Not for the contract, but for how the details were acquired. Via mom, via grocery store clerk...It's so stereotypical of the rumor mill that it's priceless. And part of me is inclined to believe it because, really,would you make that up? Usually if you're gonna make something up, you tend to make it more believable, or my insane.

The one fault I see in this story is, Sherman is at a grocery store, you see him, and instead you're paying attention to the grocer? I like to think I have respect enough to not hassle the guy, I'd really try, but to be honest, my first time meeting the guy, I'd probably ask him to sign the milk I'd just picked up.

v1rotv2

Reaction score
Those numbers are way too low for the best DBack in the game. It would be great for the team if he took that contract but 5yrs. $45 mil with 25 guaranteed would be closer.

JesterHawk

Reaction score
I'm thinking it meant 13.5M per year, otherwise having 32M guaranteed doesn't make much sense.

kidhawk

Reaction score
v1rotv2":62mjc5a4 said:
Those numbers are way too low for the best DBack in the game. It would be great for the team if he took that contract but 5yrs. $45 mil with 25 guaranteed would be closer.

Your post confuses me. You said the numbers from the OP are way to low for the best DB in the game, yet in the next sentence you seem to believe he'll sign for considerably less? Do you honestly believe he signs for a mere $9 million per year (45 million over 5 years)? The OP said $13.2 per year over 5 years which is considerably higher. I think he does go north of $12 million per year and a very healthy signing bonus, but I don't believe that the Reddit comment was anymore than throwing stuff against the wall and hoping it would stick.

red grenadine

Reaction score
Guys. Math

5 years, 13.5M per = 67.5M contract

Of which 32M is guaranteed

Seems reasonable

Beer Hawk

Reaction score
Somehow grocery store champagne doesn't seem appropriate for a $32.5mil celebration...

CrimsonWazzu

Reaction score
You can get some quality bubbly from a lot of grocery stores. Most keep it locked up with the top shelf liquor.

But we all know Sherm drinks Korbel. So this story is likely true.

//logic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts