[RUMOR] Guy on Reddit says Sherman is celebrating extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

andyh64000

Reaction score
danp1990":11fn0pgp said:
Hawknballs":11fn0pgp said:
yeah not sure what's off about the numbers, they seem like realistic ones to me. I think some people are not realizing the total amount isn't in there even though that's the least important number of them all.

Yup! very true, and after E.T Signing we only have about 13 Million in the Cap Room as shown here in the Link its located in the far top right box - http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/seattle-seahawks/cap/ . this also would beat out Brandon Carr's CB from Dallas Deal which is currently the highest CB deal in the league.

Carr's Deal-5yrs 50Million ,10Million Signing Bonus, 25Million Guaranteed.= Total Deal Worth 85Million

Sherman's Deal-5yrs 65-67Million the 65-67 is from a 12-13 Million yearly, Signing Bonus Similar to E.T at 9-10Million, and Guaranteed 32Million= 107.5Million Deal Easiest Highest Paid CB Deal in The league Bar None!!!

You don't add the guaranteed money to the salary and bonus to get the total deal value.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":11284miw said:
Sherm just tweeted they're celebrating Mom Day early......

LOL.

He is promoting his Tuesday Trivia contest with a picture of his mother. Nothing to see here.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
Damn, you guys need to brush up on your math and understanding of contracts. As said above, you don't add the guaranteed money to the yearly/signing bonuses.

The numbers sound legit, the story doesn't. I would be very happy to hear him signing that contract. As Salish said, Mother's Day is this week so that could be at least one reason she's in town. Not expecting it to be true, but I guess I trust "a guy on reddit" marginally more than some blowhard like Florio.

With that said, who's going to the grocery store with me to get some bubbly?!

Snakeeyes007

Reaction score
I'm all about this right here... I think "guy on Reddit" might just be a little more credible than 'inside' or unnamed' sources. The figures are very realistic, the timing is right, the little details add validity to the tale, and if I were a curious grocery store clerk checking out a happy Sherman family buying celebratory beverages, I would coyly ask what the good news was too! Eye-witness and 2nd hand to eye-witness accounts often sound like this in the real world.

I'm giving this one a :th2thumbs: and assuming it's true until proven false. Similar to the masses who buy many political and/or "scientific" statements made hook, line, and sinker, I'm gonna buy in and hang out on :179417: for a while. No harm done on this grey afternoon!

rigelian

Reaction score
On the credibility scale, where would an inside source from Reddit rate?

mikeak

Reaction score
1) Hauschka had a twitter picture with champagne that was taken down before the announcement
2) EXTENSION contract is coming so five years should mean 5 additional years which justifies a bit higher per year because he plays for peanuts this coming year. When you split the upcoming contract remember to split it on the six years to get the true value so $13.5 sounds about right

yeah no way this is true. I would have believed that she replied something like "he is sherman, here is a bottle of champagne, we are in Seattle - you can figure it out".. contract details - nope

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
mikeak":1khcmqg5 said:
1) Hauschka had a twitter picture with champagne that was taken down before the announcement
2) EXTENSION contract is coming so five years should mean 5 additional years which justifies a bit higher per year because he plays for peanuts this coming year. When you split the upcoming contract remember to split it on the six years to get the true value so $13.5 sounds about right

yeah no way this is true. I would have believed that she replied something like "he is sherman, here is a bottle of champagne, we are in Seattle - you can figure it out".. contract details - nope
Really, cuz I could see a Very Happy Mama Sherman saying "65 million dollars for 5 years and HOW MUCH MONEY?" "$32 million Mama." "$32 Million, that's three two followed by six zeroes, guaranteed! PRAISE THE LORD!!!" Then hugging her boy in jubilation.

Not that I believe some anonymous post on reddit.

seanutz

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":2muai4kc said:
I could buy it if they only said we are celebrating his new deal but to talk actual figures seems quite vulgar and unlikely.
:13: But it would be nice

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I want Sherm locked up, but I was hoping for under $12M per, if the deal adds 5 years at $13.5 its really closer to 11.5 per year with this years salary. I'd be much happier that way. I tend to believe these types of things. I know I have head things 2nd hand and every reason to believe it and people bashed on me.

Once I posted a coworker of mine went to UW and claimed Jeremery Stevens was got away with beating the crap out of some people once.

I posted a story about a guy I deployed with and was very good friends and this guy was a colts fans claimed Peyton Manning had a condo in downtown Indy for his mistresses. He knew this because his sister was married to an ex NFL kicker who bounced around and ended up broke and back in his home town HS coaching football.

The most resent thing I herd and never posted and still not sure I believe it was that my step sisters firend lives next to or near Russell Wilson's house and she claimed he was a player and saw females at his place. I didn't believe it and still not sure I believe it but now she is saying the she heard Tate was sleeping with Wilson's wife which I don't believe either.

Sac

Reaction score
For the record, I said previously that it would be 5 years, 12.5 average, 32 guaranteed

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":cvox5hca said:
For the record, I said previously that it would be 5 years, 12.5 average, 32 guaranteed
I went with 35 guaranteed same per year. But either way the numbers seem pretty legitimate. 13.5 seems slightly off.

A London Hawk

Reaction score
There was a report not too long ago that Sherm (or his agent) was looking at getting over 13m. I'd could see them closing at 13.5 even if, like most of us, I'd prefer it to be a little lower.

Then again, I guess it depends how much is backloaded to the final year, I just hope we don't have to wait too long to find out.

seatt1eslew

Reaction score
Sherman's current salary $1.389, wants to be highest paid CB, Revis has 1 year $12M.

Signing bonus of 11M part of total guaranteed $25M. 3 year extension, 50M total. This way he'll add 11M on top of the pre existing 2014 salary, putting him over $12M and over Revis.

After 2014, there will still be just under 38M total money and 14M guaranteed spread out over 2015, 16 and 17. Making him FA again in 2018 when he turns 30.

CFraychineaud

Reaction score
ok so if it is a 5 year extension at 13.5 a year and he is already signed for this year at 1.431 mil. Most likely they average it out so 13.5 x5 = 67.5 + 1.431 = 68.931 mil over 6 years
Should look like:

2014 @ 11.4885
2015 @ 11.4885
2016 @ 11.4885
2017 @ 11.4885
2018 @ 11.4885
2019 @ 11.4885

or around that average.

Given that Earl Thomas wanted to be the highest paid safety and did so by signing an extension where the yearly amount was the highest (not including the year he still had which pushed him below the highest paid once evened out). It would make sense that Richard Sherman might do something similar. With the 13.5 per year extension number being higher than the 12 mil per year Revis gets, he could say he is the highest paid corner, However when its averaged it goes down to the more cap friendly 11.4885 mil number.

I hope this is true.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":s46g1crz said:
Sherm just tweeted they're celebrating Mom Day early......

I smell a cover up. Early Ma day with Champagne?? Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight! ;-)

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
I've seen weirder stories end up becoming true.

Like Lofa getting his DUI. It was posted by someone on the ESPN boards like a week and a half before it became public. Everyone ripped on the poster because he said Lofa got pulled over in a hyundai, and no one would believe it because he had just signed his huge contract.

G-Money

Reaction score
Per Jay Glazer:

Seahawks are finishing up a new deal w Richard Sherman today that makes him the league's highest paid CB, not QB.

Jay Glazer ‏@JayGlazer 1m

It's a new 4 year extension agreed upon with Richard Sherman making him top paid CB in league

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Is Glazer a reliable source? Unlike Rapaport and Clayton(who BLOW).

Status
Not open for further replies.