Want to be inspired and gain more insight into Pete?

sc85sis

Reaction score
The video below is from Pete's recent visit/presentation at USC's Lloyd Greif Center for Entrepreneurial Studies (part of the Marshall School of Business).

Obviously there's a fair amount that is USC focused, but there's also some Seahawks discussion. It's an excellent view into Pete's philosophy with Win Forever and Always Compete. And if you don't feel inspired by the end, I think there might be something wrong with you. ;-)

One caveat: This is nearly two hours long, so plan accordingly before watching.

[youtube]jSizvISegnE[/youtube]

drdiags

Reaction score
Just finished. Had some nice stories and I am sure the SC fans love the finish. Also interesting to see the USC Hawks shirt the asst coach had on. Thanks for sharing.

Skeeve

Reaction score
Awesomesause, thanks enjoyed that.

One thing you can say about Pete Carroll is, "winner at life".

OP
OP
sc85sis

sc85sis

Reaction score
drdiags":2bkj0w4f said:
Just finished. Had some nice stories and I am sure the SC fans love the finish. Also interesting to see the USC Hawks shirt the asst coach had on. Thanks for sharing.

That was Boomer Roepke. He was a swimmer at USC who walked on to the football team as a punter/CB in Pete's last year there. I think Pete was really touched when Boomer said he was going to go into coaching because Pete had inspired him.

theascension

Reaction score
The most interesting part was when he described how Maxwell was just one of the guys until he started 'following' Earl Thomas around and gaining habits from Earl's game. Eating right and training right and becoming a competitor in general.
That right there says it. Honestly I don't know if we ever need to truly worry about our defense while Earl is around, with him it'd be hard not to be a top 5 defense for the next decade.

I also love how even late in age Pete has grown as a coach, even completely changing his methods after the Jets and New England. That seems rare, from the glimpses we get from media (hard knocks etc) most coaches are still of the old school hard nosed type using negative reinforcement.

Grammar Police

Reaction score
This is what you do,
Become a coach of a winning program. Bribe HS players onto your team, right before s$%@ hits the fan claim you had no idea "it was against the rules", bail on your guys and flee to the NFL.
Carrolling 101

OkieHawk

Reaction score
Grammar Police":1dn7nowr said:
This is what you do,
Become a coach of a winning program. Bribe HS players onto your team, right before s$%@ hits the fan claim you had no idea "it was against the rules", bail on your guys and flee to the NFL.
Carrolling 101

And now you have officially hit troll status.

Grammar Police

Reaction score
OkieHawk":3csgjtob said:
Grammar Police":3csgjtob said:
This is what you do,
Carrolling 101

The funny this is, I haven't even claimed who my favorite football team is.
You all assume that because I seem to be a troll I am a niner fan when that is far from the case.
Truth be told I am a Vikings fan, I just get more out of you guys when I talk about the whiners

Kennedyin92

Reaction score
Grammar Police":2ylenb22 said:
This is what you do,
Carrolling 101

It's amazing to me how committed some people are to making themselves unlikeable. :pukeface:

OkieHawk

Reaction score
Grammar Police":m1u3k52s said:
You all assume that because I seem to be a troll I am a niner fan when that is far from the case.
Truth be told I am a Vikings fan, I just get more out of you guys when I talk about the whiners

You stated you were a whiner fan in this thread. Now you are a Viking fan?

http://seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=91866

brettb3

Reaction score
Grammar Police":21umdg1a said:
OkieHawk":21umdg1a said:
Grammar Police":21umdg1a said:
This is what you do,
Carrolling 101

Seems like a wonderful use of your time.

TAB420

Reaction score
The funny this is. This is how grammar police starts sentences?

kearly

Reaction score
Starts telling his story about Derrick Coleman just before 1:08:00.

kearly

Reaction score
Grammar Police":1gvnmz04 said:
This is what you do,
Carrolling 101

You seem kind of new, but I should point out that this is not a USC fan site, it's a Seahawks fan site. We have no obligation to defend anything from Pete's USC-saga unless we choose to. It's not really our issue.

But for the record, Pete never paid any of his USC players. Some random jackass booster did it- once- and he screwed over a lot of people, including Pete. And as a Seahawk/UW fan, obviously I am eternally grateful to that douchebag for doing what he did. Worked out great for us Seattle sports fans. Maybe you should go troll a USC message board where those remarks might actually hit a sore spot. Cause around here, nobody really gives a shit.

You know your team is getting hard to troll when the haters have to reach for USC sanctions and PEDs for six players who might have combined for 10 snaps in SB XLVIII.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
OkieHawk":3jla8817 said:
Grammar Police":3jla8817 said:

You stated you were a whiner fan in this thread. Now you are a Viking fan?

http://seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=91866
Oops busted!!!!!! Typical niner troll that can't keep his lies straight, or it's Roland doing a masterful trolljob! :th2thumbs: