A Date With My Blu Ray Championship DVD Tonight

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
In a couple hours the wife and kid get the boot to go upstairs and I get my makeshift man cave living room with the widescreen TV all to myself. Poor a beverage, kick back and just have a fantastic evening. Ahhhhhhhhh.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I did that last night. Got the kids in bed, wife fell asleep, and I just re-lived the best season ever.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Oh man! This prompted me to refresh my package-tracker and I see mine was delivered to my PO box this morning! Yesterday it said "expected delivery: Monday" so I resigned myself to waiting another couple days.

And I was out running errands today too. Argh! :lol:

Greenhell

Reaction score
It's good but it's a very fast recap of the season. I didn't realize how many tough catches Chop Chop made for TDs.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Bought the dvd today at Costco. Only have 1 blue ray player in the house so I can watch the dvd in any room any time.

stang233

Reaction score
I'd have to say overall the 19 game recap was not as detailed or in depth as I was hoping. Worth 20 dollars but I was expecting more. It seemed they just highlighted most of the memories I already had in my head. I was hoping for more sound fx type material and an inside view of the season.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Greenhell":a3bm4jf5 said:
It's good but it's a very fast recap of the season. I didn't realize how many tough catches Chop Chop made for TDs.
I really liked what I saw from Kearse and am hoping for an expanded role but hope we still Draft a big body WR early.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
So far, I have to agree, not to be a downer but I was expecting a more grand production...I'm nearly at the end of the season and so far it's just a recap of each game that we've all seen footage of. Nothing new thus far. I love NFL Films and they do a terrific job and it's most definitely worth the money just for the time capsule aspect alone. I was thinking BluRay meant better than HD for some reason but it just looks like what I'm used to when I watch the NFL Network in HD.

I see there's a lot of extras though, so that will add to the appeal of the DVD no doubt.

It's terrific because it captures the most amazing season in our history and that alone makes it all worth it.

Okay, back to the makeshift man cave I go! More to come...

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Finished the main portion...It's awfully difficult to be critical once you watch the whole thing. That Super Bowl was magical from beginning to end. No way around it.

This will be a season to cherish for the rest of our lives no matter what happens moving forward. Can't wait to see if we RE-PETE in 2014!!

JMR

Reaction score
I watched it twice Fri night, and I think it's great. Certainly more goodies they could have included in the highlights, but they would have had to make this a 3 hour deal. Nice extras on the blu ray and I think the SB part was fantastic. Great overall value that my family can enjoy forever.

Throwdown

Reaction score
He's trying, Benji. C+ for effort.

But I got my DVD yesterday, got home from work and popped it in, non stop smiles all the way through the extra content.

Jermaine Kearse is a damn playmaker, COME AT ME BRO'S IF YOU DON'T AGREE!

SeahawkFrost

Reaction score
Wenhawk":2mwokpxc said:
Bought the dvd today at Costco. Only have 1 blue ray player in the house so I can watch the dvd in any room any time.
How much was it at Costco?

Msfann

Reaction score
The part where Marcus Allen walked the Lombardi up through all the Seahawks players is almost hard to watch and still look manly.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Watched mine this morning. Agree it's a bit thin in the regular season games dept. But quite good when it comes to playoff games, especially the Owl. Good extras too. Especially liked the Sherm feature. It was absolutely outstanding. The Coleman one was quite good too.

As usual, I was pumping my fist and near tears on several occasions. I just can't stop..................nor do I want to. GO HAWKS!!!

HawkFan72

Reaction score
In the regular season portion, I was very surprised how short the recap of the Carolina game was. They didn't even talk about or show the critical moment of the game, when Earl and Sherman stripped Williams of the ball when Carolina was driving to win. I thought that game was kind of glossed over, but I thought the rest were pretty thorough with mentioning all the key moments of our season. They kind of went out of their way avoiding most of our negative plays (except for the TB game), which I was bummed about because I thought some of those built the tension for what our team had to overcome. And not just the bad plays we had to overcome, but the other stuff too.

Things like waiting for mention of how Byron Maxwell was our 3rd option at the CB spot because the two guys ahead of him were suspended. Mike Rob's comeback. The O-line being in shambles for half the year. You know, the stuff we'll probably have forgotten about in 10 years.

Overcoming adversity is what made them champions.

Basically I was just disappointed because I didn't want it to end. I wanted every detail of the season. I could have sat through a 4 hour version.

It may sound like I didn't like it, but I really did. The production was great, this will be something fun to watch for years.

Howie_16

Reaction score
HawkFan72":2dv1dmls said:
In the regular season portion, I was very surprised how short the recap of the Carolina game was. They didn't even talk about or show the critical moment of the game, when Earl and Sherman stripped Williams of the ball when Carolina was driving to win. I thought that game was kind of glossed over, but I thought the rest were pretty thorough with mentioning all the key moments of our season. They kind of went out of their way avoiding most of our negative plays (except for the TB game), which I was bummed about because I thought some of those built the tension for what our team had to overcome. And not just the bad plays we had to overcome, but the other stuff too.

Things like waiting for mention of how Byron Maxwell was our 3rd option at the CB spot because the two guys ahead of him were suspended. Mike Rob's comeback. The O-line being in shambles for half the year. You know, the stuff we'll probably have forgotten about in 10 years.

Overcoming adversity is what made them champions.

The next installment of Rain City Redemption should take care of that! :)

Speaking of adversity, my DVD is still being delivered. There is a lot of great things about living in Canada, but quick mail service from the U.S. isn't one of them!