A Date With My Blu Ray Championship DVD Tonight

Greenhell

Reaction score
On the blue ray flyer insert it says that the entire playoff season (complete games) including the Super Bowl will be coming out in June.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
HawkFan72":4u7eursp said:
In the regular season portion, I was very surprised how short the recap of the Carolina game was. They didn't even talk about or show the critical moment of the game, when Earl and Sherman stripped Williams of the ball when Carolina was driving to win. I thought that game was kind of glossed over, but I thought the rest were pretty thorough with mentioning all the key moments of our season. They kind of went out of their way avoiding most of our negative plays (except for the TB game), which I was bummed about because I thought some of those built the tension for what our team had to overcome. And not just the bad plays we had to overcome, but the other stuff too.

Things like waiting for mention of how Byron Maxwell was our 3rd option at the CB spot because the two guys ahead of him were suspended. Mike Rob's comeback. The O-line being in shambles for half the year. You know, the stuff we'll probably have forgotten about in 10 years.

Overcoming adversity is what made them champions.

Basically I was just disappointed because I didn't want it to end. I wanted every detail of the season. I could have sat through a 4 hour version.

It may sound like I didn't like it, but I really did. The production was great, this will be something fun to watch for years.

:13: The stuff included was done to great effect, but it could have had more of the big picture and roster details along the way.

I appreciate how most opponents' scores (like Denver in the SB) were glossed over. Considering I will watch this repeatedly over the years until the disc disintegrates, it would get very tiresome watching another team score every time.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
I may or may not have called Bruce Arians a bald nerdy bastard when I was watching the Blu-Ray.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Saw the video on Friday. I'll admit it was a nice little recap, and good to send to people like parents who weren't following the hawks all season. But as for myself, I was really hoping to see some new footage, and pretty much everything was already shown on NFL network at some point in time (SoundFX usually).

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Watched it yesterday, good stuff.

Great time to win the SB, what with what an amazing job the NFL does mic'ing players and coaches now. Awesome to get that insight into the huddles, on field and sideline conversations.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":l88s4o9g said:
I may or may not have called Bruce Arians a bald nerdy bastard when I was watching the Blu-Ray.

I find it hard to hate him. With those glasses and that bald dome, he reminds me of Junior Soprano every time I see him.

L169_CIFR97554455192e51f27bdb28748b8b7668.jpg

Unclejunvwx20132 3541

Zybot

Reaction score
Loved the post game on the TB game, which I went to. Still need to check out the special features. I would have liked to seen some more special teams plays. Also would have liked to see some more bad plays, like in the SF game where there is a whistle in the stands and the punt is blocked.