THE LAST ORIGINAL SEAHAWK(Worked in office since 1976)

BobinLaConner

Reaction score
When we toured VMAC two years ago, it was with Sandy who showed my wife, son and me around and gave us all the little back stories and history as we walked and talked and met Pete and some of the players like Hass... We drove home thinking what a wonderful person and just a good energy about her. I am so glad to see her story told. By the way, even though my wife was going through chemo and cancer treatment at the time, she still remembers that day as one of the best days of her life. I just can't say enough about how positive this organization is and it all starts with people like Sandy. Folks, this is not a normal football team and front office. Enjoy this time, because it is special.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
“I think it’s Pete Carroll, and the way he’s embraced the city, and now the players embrace it, and the fans are so important,’’ she said. “It’s that ‘12.’ Tod Leiweke (former Seahawks CEO) really brought that to life again, if you think about it, with the 12th Man flag and all that. I think it really revitalized our connection with the fans.”

Tod Leiweke does not get enough credit for...well...everything, really. From Pete/John to the 12th man, I sure hope hockey is treating him well because we are all indebted to him.

BobinLaConner

Reaction score
My "Passion, Character, 12th Man, Excellence" avatar is from our trip to VMAC and that sign hangs on the wall right above the NFC championship trophy and ring displayed in a case in the entrance lobby. I would say they made that sign and hung it there because those were the focus points of their "Mission Statement" they wanted everyone to live up to. I just don't know who's idea or influence brought about that change...Paul Allen?, Pete?, Todd Leiweke? That would be interesting to know, because the team sure took on a great direction. But I still say Sandy is an integral part of the organization's character.

OP
OP
The Radish

The Radish

Reaction score
I am bumping this up in case anyone missed it the first time.

what a great story for all of us.

:les:

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Trenchbroom":21x3m51z said:
“I think it’s Pete Carroll, and the way he’s embraced the city, and now the players embrace it, and the fans are so important,’’ she said. “It’s that ‘12.’ Tod Leiweke (former Seahawks CEO) really brought that to life again, if you think about it, with the 12th Man flag and all that. I think it really revitalized our connection with the fans.”

Tod Leiweke does not get enough credit for...well...everything, really. From Pete/John to the 12th man, I sure hope hockey is treating him well because we are all indebted to him.

Wonderful, wonderful story about Sandy Gregory. :179417:

I agree that Todd Leiweke instigated the whole process, but it was Pete Carroll who lit the fuse.

The Seahawks fans have been starving for someone to come in revitalize, and turn Seattle back onto it's wheels and who better than Rah, Rah, Pete Carroll.
I know "I'm In", and it's obviously apparent that the players have too. :thirishdrinkers: :th2thumbs: :thirishdrinkers:

MadSweeney

Reaction score
Trenchbroom":37cy3yl2 said:

Good on both the Leiweke brothers as far as I am concerned. I went 39 years without a championship team (hate baseball and basketball). I've been in SoCal for 20 years and became a Kings fan when I moved here. Now, due largely to the work of the Leiwekes, I have 2 in less than 2 fiscal years, though granted, the Seahawks win is incalculably better for me.