Adopt a Sophomore?

skater18000

Reaction score
Let's do an adopt a sophomore thread, who ya got?

The majority of this draft had little to no impact due to injury/inexperience

Who of these players still on the roster, will have the greatest impact next season?

I'm going with Jordan Hill

2013 Draft Class:

2 (62) Michael, Christine RB
(From Ravens)

3 (87) Hill, Jordan DT

4 (123) Harper, Chris WR

5 (137) Williams, Jesse DT
(From Lions)

5 (138) Simon, Tharold CB
(From Raiders)

5 (158) Willson, Luke TE

6 (194) Ware, Spencer RB

7 (220) Seymour, Ryan G

7 (231) Powell, Ty DE

7 35 (241) Smith, Jared DT(Compensatory Selection)

7 36 (242) Bowie, Michael OT

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
Michael Bowie. He's the only one with a realistic shot at being a full-time starter in 2014. If he stays healthy, I fully expect Bowie to win the starting LG or RT spot in camp. He showed outstanding run blocking potential as a rookie.

12th_Bob

Reaction score
Luke Willson got the most playing time of all the rookies, I don't think it was only because of injury either.

I'm going with Spencer Ware

Seahawk Mike

Reaction score
I like Tharold Simon because Thurmond and Browner are likely gone.

And he looks like a clone of Browner.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Hill was my adopt a rookie, but after the season he had I gotta go with Willson. Hill will probably get more reps in year 2 (especially if we lose bennett &/or McDaniel) but I think Willson will still have the bigger impact. But maybe Percy steals some of his targets, so who knows...

And definitely can't sleep on Humble Thug, though I think he's going to have a pretty steep learning curve. Word before the draft is that he was pretty raw. I'm expecting a career trajectory similar to Byron Maxwell. He'll get on the field next year and do some things, mostly as a ST'er, but I don't expect him to make big contributions as a DB until year 3 or 4.

randomation

Reaction score
IcedHawk":3916u73j said:
Luke Willson.

If Wilson can fix his occasional drop issues I expect him to end up being a massive red zone focus for the O lacking a true Big receiver. Also who doesn't want to hear Wilson to Wilson Touchdown 10 to 15 times next season

Jville

Reaction score
I'm going with a red listed guy that list has already dismissed.

The biggest long shot of all.

Guard/Center Jared Smith

May he shock and amaze everyone.

kobebryant

Reaction score
I'm going with Simon. What is he? About 6'2-6'3. Came out of LSU as a Junior, essentially redshirted last season. Given the love for big, long CBs these days if he had stayed for his senior year at LSU he'd be a highly sought after draft prospect this season.

Learning from the best DB coaches in the game, I don't see any reason why he can't be the next one off the assembly line. Smart foresight involved with this pick.

Also intrigued by Brooks and Mayowa (liked him enough to stash him on the 53, even though it was the deepest 53 in the league; keep in mind that Clem came into the league undrafted as well).

TwilightError

Reaction score
Christine Michael was my adopt a rookie. I'm going with him on this one too.

jimbojones31

Reaction score
Spencer Ware. I'm hoping his "conversion" to FB was just a way to keep him on the 53, and he'll move back to RB next season. He's got a little bit of Beast Mode in him.

The Outfield

Reaction score
Jordan Hill was my adopted rookie, and now he's a sophomore. He's still my choice.