2 major snow/ice storms in the last 3 days here in NY

seabowl

Reaction score
Monday dumped 8 inches of snow here in NY and today added another 4 inches with freezing rain and ice. I think the fans that went to the game (including me) really lucked out with Sundays weather. If the Bowl had weather like today or Monday I would have not gone. Also I think this kind of weather would have hurt us more than Denver in neutralizing some of the things we could have done. Mother Nature is a Hawk fan too!!!!!

capncrunch

Reaction score
seabowl":12yqa20b said:
Monday dumped 8 inches of snow here in NY and today added another 4 inches with freezing rain and ice. I think the fans that went to the game (including me) really lucked out with Sundays weather. If the Bowl had weather like today or Monday I would have not gone. Also I think this kind of weather would have hurt us more than Denver in neutralizing some of the things we could have done. Mother Nature is a Hawk fan too!!!!!

We got very lucky with the Sunday weather. Now all the cold weather venues want to host. They really should consider a seven day sample not just the Sunday. Most of the week brought terrible conditions. It's not a good idea. What's next Foxboro? Some place in Maine. Keep it in Florida and SoCal and AZ. People like to take vacations from most of the country to those places in February.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
capncrunch":fsekyjfs said:
seabowl":fsekyjfs said:

We got very lucky with the Sunday weather. Now all the cold weather venues want to host. They really should consider a seven day sample not just the Sunday. Most of the week brought terrible conditions. It's not a good idea. What's next Foxboro? Some place in Maine. Keep it in Florida and SoCal and AZ. People like to take vacations from most of the country to those places in February.

Although I like warm weather I do not agree for one simple reason. Let's say you have it in the 3 places mentioned, Fla, AZ and So Cal. The issue is that if a team that plays in one of those stadiums happens to make the a bowl the year their city is hosting the a Bowl, it provides a Huge advantage to that team. I know it's remote but it could happen and as witnessed by the fan support the other night, the fans can make a difference.

BTW places like Foxboro would never have it due to the one lane in/out of that stadium. Also places like GB would not have it due to lack of hotels.

theascension

Reaction score
The amount of whining about weather I've heard from Americans before the Superbowl is honestly silly and strange to me as a Canadian. I've sat outside in Canadian Football games of 5-10f. I've worked outside in temperatures so cold (-45f) welders equipment was failing.
Wear layers and get up to cheer and you're fine.
A little snow and 40f is nothing.
Still I do like that the weather was pretty warms at kickoff. Means Denver has 0 excuses to that humiliation.
I'm glad the Superbowl was outside this year, it meant tickets were a sane price and our 12s showed up in force.

MookieB88

Reaction score
But it's not just about the football....its about getting to and from the game.

There were more than enough problems on Sunday with travel, if you add in 8 inches of snow, I can't imagine what would have happened, not to mention thousands of people stuck at airports on Monday trying to get home...I was delayed 8 hours and I know people who were delayed a lot longer.

The logistics of the SB mean that they are taking a huge risk by holding it in cold weather areas, from a football perspective, I have no issue with it and like seeing teams and players deal with the elements, but for the SB I think it goes beyond that.

49ers

Reaction score
theascension":34ozfy1f said:
The amount of whining about weather I've heard from Americans before the Superbowl is honestly silly and strange to me as a Canadian. I've sat outside in Canadian Football games of 5-10f. I've worked outside in temperatures so cold (-45f) welders equipment was failing.
Still I do like that the weather was pretty warms at kickoff. Means Denver has 0 excuses to that humiliation.
I'm glad the Superbowl was outside this year, it meant tickets were a sane price and our 12s showed up in force.
That's fine and dandy for 99% of NFL games. Whether is a part of the game, especially if your home city is accustom to that.

But the Super Bowl is supposed to be pitting two teams against each other with as little outside factors as possible. Cold, rain, wind, all the x-factors should be removed. I want to see a neutral field for the Super Bowl. If the Dolphins played the Packers in the Super Bowl someday, and the game was in Buffalo, who would have the immediate advantage?

JonRud

Reaction score
We were extremely lucky with the weather for the Super Bowl. It was a beautiful night and I didn't even have to put on my jacket until the very end it got cold.

The rest of the week in NJ has been abysmal. Snow, ice, sleet, etc....

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
49ers":1nm2pdan said:
theascension":1nm2pdan said:
That's fine and dandy for 99% of NFL games. Whether is a part of the game, especially if your home city is accustom to that.

But the Super Bowl is supposed to be pitting two teams against each other with as little outside factors as possible. Cold, rain, wind, all the x-factors should be removed. I want to see a neutral field for the Super Bowl. If the Dolphins played the Packers in the Super Bowl someday, and the game was in Buffalo, who would have the immediate advantage?

To your point should the Dolphins play the Pack in the bowl someday and that game were at the Dolphins home stadium who would have the immediate advantage?