Thursday night opener

Crizilla

Reaction score
is going to be so insane. Just insane. Nice weather most likely, too.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Anyone's thoughts on opponent? I am thinking Denver. I don't see them going with a division opponent, ie Niners week 1. An outside possiblity is Green Bay. First game between the two since the Fail Mary etc.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
They never go out of conference on the opener. I don't think it will be the Niners in Week 1.. probably later in the year though.

My money is on Green Bay.

nyc-seahawk

Reaction score
Green Bay, hail mary rematch.

I would like to see the Niners and Seahawks build up a good record before squaring off. Maybe each facing each other at 4-0,5-0 for the first match-up.

Broncos rematch doesn't interest me for the Thursday night opener, make it a Monday or Sunday night game in the middle-late part of the season.

droop828

Reaction score
Don't we play the Niners on the road first, anyway?

Laloosh

Reaction score
I think we should host GB and they should go to CAR :)

Axx

Reaction score
I honestly would LOVE if the hawks opened the season @home vs Denver.
Demoralizing bronco nation fandumb at week 1 of the season would be pretty cool.

Vpk0718

Reaction score
It's gonna be Green Bay

They're not gonna use Denver after that beatdown and SF will probably open their new stadium in week 1

Penman96

Reaction score
The first couple and last couple games of the season are usually divisional matches, the NFL schedules this to spike ratings. I'd love this to be SF.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Vpk0718":3pwhtfdu said:
It's gonna be Green Bay

They're not gonna use Denver after that beatdown and SF will probably open their new stadium in week 1

I agree with this. Could see SF being the late MNF game opening against San Diego since they're both west coast teams

Polaris

Reaction score
My prediction:

San Fran plays on the road in week 1, and Seattle faces Green Bay for the home opener.

Then in week 2, San Fran gets a grand opening of their new stadium....hosting our Seattle Seahawks.

I think this would give the maximum amount of hype and pomp which the NFL loves.