"Expert" Analysis from Marshall Faulk

marko358

Reaction score
From Hawkblogger blog post on 1/30/14. What a moron.

Q: The Broncos were 1-2 in regular season games decided by 7 pts or less. The Seahawks have not lost by more than 7 pts in 44 games. What kind of game are you expecting to see on Sunday? Is is going to be close?

MF: You know, I think there's two ways to this game. We're either going to have a very close where Peyton Manning is going to have a chance for a drive to bring his team back at the end, or the Seahawks will get blown out. That's the two ways I see this game in the fourth quarter.

Q: Why do you feel that way?

MF: It's kind of been Denver's MO, that teams that run the football against them, they've had trouble. Any time you Peyton in a situation where he has to score because his defense is not playing well, they fall behind. They struggle as an offense when he doesn't have the option to throw the ball away on 3rd and 5. When he does not know he can punt the ball without getting it back until 7 or 3 goes up for the other guys, that puts a little pressure on him. It puts pressure on any quarterback really. And Seattle, I see it as a blowout because they are about as arrogant as you can be as a defense. From Gus Bradley, to now Dan Quinn, to just Pete Carroll and who he is, I believe they are willing to lose at what they do best. They don't disguise anything. They play the defense that they show you. I just don't know if you can play defense like that against Peyton. You know, it's not like you're playing Colin Kaepernick, and a play is called in, and he gets to the line of scrimmage, and he's switching from run to pass. Peyton switches the protection, to the receivers routes, to the running backs responsibilities, to not just whether you are running right or left, but what kind of run. That's a huge advantage. And regardless of how good you are, every defense that you play, there is a play to beat it, and if you show Peyton that play, you can ask the great Baltimore Ravens defense, if you show him a play with like 10 seconds left on the play clock, he's going to get in the right play. So, that can be considered dumb tough to me if that's what they're going to do. If they're not going to disguise anything. That's hard to do versus him. It could be ugly. Dan Quinn could be sitting up there thinking, "Damnit."

Laloosh

Reaction score
This is why he's spouting nonsense on TV rather than coaching an NFL team.

hawker84

Reaction score
Kam called him out during the post game show, man Marshall, thought you'd have learned from last year....

Primetime and Irvin did?

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
lots of people unfairly criticize media members for being "seahawk haters". Well for Marshall, its true. He is a Ram through and through and he still hates the Hawks. Barely even attempts to hide it.

It was awesome when Kam called him out on ESPN last night.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
Irvin and Sanders and boomer I will listen too. The rest I don't pay too much attention to ; however the coaches are pretty good

FargoHawk

Reaction score
Actually Faulk has been pretty complimentary towards the Hawks and admitted he was picking the Broncos for personal reasons (he's good friends with Peyton).

HawkSquawk

Reaction score
FargoHawk":1kvvi57g said:
Actually Faulk has been pretty complimentary towards the Hawks and admitted he was picking the Broncos for personal reasons (he's good friends with Peyton).

That's when you just decline to comment. If you feel like personal relationships are impairing your judgment. We all know there's not a team in the league that could blow Seattle out.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Yea, they pick games because of Friendship ... How stupid is this? And they get paid to do this? Seriously?
I understand nobody wanted to go against Payton (The King). But many of these guys hadn't even watched Seattle play this season.

The most embarrassing of them all was Colin Cowerd. A Seattle native and friend with lots of people in Seattle and Pete. And he never even watched his home team play. He said "The 49ers are the best team in football". Then he said "The Green Bay Packers are the class of the NFL" and then he said ". Pete doesn't even know any of our players.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
or the Seahawks will get blown out. That's the two ways I see this game in the fourth quarter.

Q: Why do you feel that way?

MF: It's kind of been Denver's MO, that teams that run the football against them, they've had trouble.

Shows he had no idea who the Seahawks are. Amazing these guys are on TV. :34853_doh:

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Wow! I hope that crow is tasty. I am disappointed that as a player he ignored our best assets, team speed and overall depth.