Congrats to the Seahawks

NINEster

Reaction score
Well deserved victory. We haven't had a blowout superbowl in the parity era since the Bucs curbstomped the Raiders, and a lot of that was due to Gruden being an ex coach. And I don't know if we ever had a blowout victory where the losing team was the favorite or at least considered elite.

I had a feeling the game was gonna go either one of two ways.....either Denver got up quick and made Seattle one dimensional, or Seattle would set the tone physically and dominate. Seeing the safety so quick was extremely ominous for Denver, and after Chancellor dropped Thomas across the middle I had a gut feeling Seattle was going to dictate the game and win...just not that violently, damn!

Everyone on the Seahawk defense was flying to the ball much more so than any game I've seen all season, even more so than games at C-Link I thought. Which is typically bad enough for teams.

Manning play scared for sure. A lot of elite QBs are playing scared against your team, and a lot of it is happening before they are dropped on the ground. Seeing the Denver offense struggle for all the short stuff they are famous for, I knew it would be impossible to attack the field deep , at least not with the current Manning.

So again, props and much respect. I would have much rather you guys have won in '05 than '13, when I rooted for the Seahawks to win, but the brand of football the Seahawks play is one 49er fans can respect. And quite frankly, I've been wanting to see Peyton get his butt kicked on the big stage for a long time. Would have rather we did the job, but this was pretty good.

Once it was clear the Broncos were gonna lose, I wanted a blowout. I also wanted the Giants to beat the Seahawk for divisional positioning but once that game was out of reach, I wanted another blowout (I hate the Giants and probably could never root for them). I can't stand the Manning brothers.

Don't get it twisted, it's still war between SF & SEA but after today, I respect SEA more and dislike them less. They are a legit team that finally deserved to win a super bowl.

Vetamur

Reaction score
Classy post. Thank you.

Im sure a lot of non Seahawk fans wanted a different game than a blowout, glad to hear you got what you wanted. I know we did!

Next year it is ON.. The entire NFC West is going to be playing at a high level.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Thanks, I rooted for you guys in last year's SB until it became too hard not to jump on the Ravens bandwagon pre-blackout. Then I just got bored and played catch with a friend the rest of the game.

60niners

Reaction score
Major props to the Seahawks, they did what needed to be done to finish the job; which isn't easy to do or every team would do it every year.

Not that it needs to be said, but that was complete domination. I don't think any other team would have won in such a dominating fashion. Kind of made the game boring lol... But I guess if I was a Hawk fan I would have loved it haha.

truehawksfan

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, Peyton Manning is a great QB, a first ballot HOF. And, the Broncos are a very good team, but make no mistake that the top 2 teams in the NFL reside in the NFC West.

Next year will be fun to watch.

757Niner

Reaction score
Congrats as well. Dominant performance on the biggest stage. You've defintely set the standard in the divison. Up to the rest of us now to catch up.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Thanks for the classy posts.

Funny but halfway through the 3rd quarter, I started thinking "I wish they could have another game next week, sort of a SB do over, and have the Niners and Donks play again for 2nd place."

I think it would've been an interesting matchup; Boldin is physical enough to probably abuse most guys he's on, but he's not real fast so Bailey might've covered him well. Davis probably would've wreaked havoc if Kaepernick could find him (he won't see more than 2 guys at a time, at least this year). Denver didn't stay in their rush lanes, so Kap would've had at least 100 yards. Niners defense is great, but not sure how their secondary would've held up. To be honest, with that LB corps you have....all that short stuff would've played right into their hands.

Kinda funny, but it had me thinking what that matchup would've looked like. I loved that game and watched every play but it was truly over after that kickoff return.

Reaction score
757Niner":103iao6v said:
Congrats as well. Dominant performance on the biggest stage. You've defintely set the standard in the divison. Up to the rest of us now to catch up.

Congrats on a great season to the Niners take solace in knowing that you gave one of the great teams in nfl history some tough games. Your team is young and your backers are unbelievably good.
The real Superbowl was the nfccg.

Penman96

Reaction score
Niners were the best team we played this year, Denver was comparatively easy. I believe you guys would have beat the Broncos as well. Look forward to next year, Seahawks - Niners games will be primetime.

BlackSabbath

Reaction score
Congrats my Seahawks brothers. You really showed the NFL world how it is done ----DEFENSE. As a Niner fan, I'm proud to say that we played better than the Broncos in our NFCC game. I hope my team would somehow get faster and bigger DB like yours.

Enjoy this special moment and happy that NFC West blueprint of hard nosed defense was apparent in that win. It's another war again next year.

droop828

Reaction score
Class posts by you Niners fans. I guess the way our Hawks dominated even Niner fans have to give it up by default. But yeah, SF is the 2nd best team in the league. Next season will be epic between our clubs as it will either be Seattle or SF going to the SB. I just can't see any other team in the NFC being able to hang with either club in the playoffs at this moment. Our division is going to be rough though. It's going to be fun. But for now, we celebrate!

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Putting the rivalry aside like the classy Niner fans did here, it's hard to argue against saying that the Niners would have hammerred the Broncos too. They may not have smothered the passing game of the Broncos quite as much, but the way Wilson was getting outside there's no way they would have contained Kaepernick running

RichNhansom

Reaction score
You shut the fu.. Wait, what? Oh um thanks?

Wha what just happened?

dblj55

Reaction score
Congrats to the Seahawks and the 12th man. You guys are the best fan base in the NFL, hands down. This coming from a die hard 49ers fan too. Enjoy the ride guys. The Hawks are set up to be in contention for years. I'm excited to play you guys again next year. Again, congrats on winning SB 48.

JimZornsCorn

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":kv6hnsvr said:
Thanks, I rooted for you guys in last year's SB until it became too hard not to jump on the Ravens bandwagon pre-blackout. Then I just got bored and played catch with a friend the rest of the game.

Ravens? Ugh! I can't stand that team. Jim Harbaugh's whiny brother. The overrated unibrow Flacco. And freakin' Ray Ray. 'nuff said.

Hawker

Reaction score
Classy posts, guys. Our rivalry will (hopefully....) likely represent the NFC next year, and the year after, and so forth.

Truth be told, there was a point in the 2nd half where I was dead certain we were going to shutout Manning. I know the nation wanted it to be the kind of game that came down to a 55 yard field goal - but I wanted a shutout the way our D was playing. Lol. Onto the offseason guys, we'll see ya in primetime come September...

mistaowen

Reaction score
A lot of us said it here the last few weeks but our game against you guys was the Superbowl. My excitement leading up to that game was 20x greater than the actual Superbowl. Whoever won the NFC was going to win the Superbowl and fairly easily. The 'best' AFC teams are soft and don't match up AT ALL well with us, 49ers, Panthers, etc. The NFCCG was the best game of the season IMO. I have a strong feeling next years NFCCG will be a very similar match up.