This is your last chance NFL

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Fix this game like you did SB XL and this time an entire nation will never forget. You'll be the WWE. I guarantee, make Manning the narrative all you want, but if the refs steal this from Seattle AGAIN, the nation will know and the NFL will never be the same.

nierika

Reaction score
I dont think XL was "fixed" but there were numerous BS calls that went against Seattle for sure. Lets hope the officiating is fair and influences the outcome as little as possible.

samwize77

Reaction score
Its doesn't matter gentlemen, let them do what they want. What we have to do is LEAVE NO DOUBT!!

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I hope we leave no doubt. if there are bogus calls i sure hope they aren't on key downs the stop drives or keep denvers drives going.

falcongoggles

Reaction score
If it is like XL* again it will be horrendously obvious. Don't even want to think about how pissed I would be

Anthony!

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":3ui8pcie said:
Fix this game like you did SB XL and this time an entire nation will never forget. You'll be the WWE. I guarantee, make Manning the narrative all you want, but if the refs steal this from Seattle AGAIN, the nation will know and the NFL will never be the same.

I hate to say it if the Refs pull the same crap no one will care one bit, we are Seattle, no one cares and thanks to Sherman antics they care even less.

Chapow

Reaction score
Anthony!":1fato778 said:
SalishHawkFan":1fato778 said:

I hate to say it if the Refs pull the same crap no one will care one bit, we are Seattle, no one cares and thanks to Sherman antics they care even less.

Yep, outside of Seattle there would be some grumbling about how it was messed up and we got jobbed, but that would only last a little while and would largely be forgotten rather quickly. It would change nothing outside of the Seattle area and the NFL would be exactly the same.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I do think this team is good enough to overcome it, but if it really truly that obvious I am done. I just won't be able to enjoy any football if it is under that control. I am positive that there is a little influence at times to keep games closer, but if the entire outcome is controlled it might as well be WWE.

For real. I can handle a loss, but if it truly is controlled by refs, thee just isn't a point. If the Hawks were to win because of a bad call I would take it, but just this once. If SBXL never happened and the Hawks won on bad officiating I would have trouble enjoying it.

Penman96

Reaction score
This is a big game for the officials as well, they don't want to make mistakes. Levey screwed up, but that's not the norm.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
The NFL owes us a Lombardi. Would rather win it on our own merits, but stealer fans didn't have any problems accepting their last 2 "tainted lombardi's" so we shouldn't either if that unlikely event happens.

chris98251

Reaction score
Anyone at all heard any real storylines concerning the offciating the last time we were at the dance this year?

I have not heard really anything at all, buried or not wanting to have it reflect on the game and be in peoples minds?

StorytellerMatt

Reaction score
SB40 had horse-shit calls, no doubt. That Seahawks team lacked the poise to overcome them. They looked like frightened rabbits in the fourth after that holding call negated the first and goal.

This year's Seahawks team is teflon. If there are bad calls, they won't stick. I'm not concerned.

plyka

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":d5b6n8ta said:

There is no reason for the nfl to fix games. Remember that the nfl is just the representatives for the owners and we happen to have an owner for the hawks. It also makes no financial sense. Thank goodness that they are about making a lot of money and having the most popular sport in the country. The best way to achieve their goals is a fair game. Even a tiny whiff of cheating and their product collapses.

Jville

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":3vne0np0 said:

I think SB XL did have a big impact on officiating. They still have a long way to go toward improving officiating and restoring integrity to the NFL brand. But, at least SB XL got it kick started. The officiating performance today should serve as an indicator of progress made since SB XL.

tom sawyer

Reaction score
Come on now, saying this would be like SBXL is like worrying they might use non-union replacement refs in the second half just for snorts and chortles. Let the past be just that.

Latest posts