Best place to watch, coming from out of town

JusTorres

Reaction score
GO Hawks!

I am from Seattle but have lived and worked in Vancouver, Canada with my wife for the past 12 years. We attend Hawk games an average of 2 times a year and will be in Seattle for the Superbowl. Looking for ideas on where the best place to watch would be?

Are there any public places/gatherings showing the game? I am not a hockey fan but when the Vancouver Canucks went to the Stanely Cup final, the city closed streets and had massive big screens on a few different streets as well as opened the Canucks arena during away games and allowed fans to watch on the big screen in the arena. I have to admit, it was pretty amazing.

Anything happening in the city like this or just bars? If just bars, where is the best place to watch? We will be staying in Downtown Seattle and prefer to stay in the area.

Thanks!

OP
OP
J

JusTorres

Reaction score
Am I asking in the wrong place? Or should I assume nothing is happening other than bars?

ZLDRider

Reaction score
The Dub Pub in Kirkland (Totem Lake) behind the Jack in the Box is a really good place with pretty good food and a LOT of big screens.

drrew

Reaction score
ZLDRider":1z6wvhyj said:
The Dub Pub in Kirkland (Totem Lake) behind the Jack in the Box is a really good place with pretty good food and a LOT of big screens.

And the worst parking known to man. Not a bad place, but I wouldn't advise anyone to go when there's likely to be a crowd.

seadoc

Reaction score
about the dubpub - I've never been, but KJR radio (I think) is advertising a viewing party there for the super bowl so...might be a good place if you want to be a sardine amongst 12's. There's probably more places in downtown though. I think the NFL reeeeally cracks the whip with massive viewing parties (think: outdoor jumbotrons) because it eats into their tv ratings (I believe).

Good luck. Hope you're staying through midweek ;)

OP
OP
J

JusTorres

Reaction score
Thanks everyone!

seadoc":3dfxb1ho said:
about the dubpub - I've never been, but KJR radio (I think) is advertising a viewing party there for the super bowl so...might be a good place if you want to be a sardine amongst 12's. There's probably more places in downtown though. I think the NFL reeeeally cracks the whip with massive viewing parties (think: outdoor jumbotrons) because it eats into their tv ratings (I believe).

Good luck. Hope you're staying through midweek ;)

Ok makes sense. The huge screens here in Vancouver for the hockey finals were incredible but I can see why the NFL may not want that. Seattle would be an amazing city for it though!

Unfortunately I can't stay past Monday, this is just a quick visit for the Super Bowl. Have to go back to work. My parents don't live in Seattle anymore or I would have stayed to visit with them but they moved south...

Since we are staying downtown and will be drinking I think we want to stay within walking distance from the hotel. I know there are a lot of bars near Centurylink so we might head down there. Just need to decide how early we need to go.

Latest posts