My Cuz is a Bronco fan, and look at what his thoughts are

hawkpride

Reaction score
So as the title says my Cuz is a Bronco fan, and he e-mailed this to me yesterday in regards to a little wager. Thoughts, be nice as I gave him the link to our forum.

I should give you all a few points (but ain't gonna) cause all Denver has to do is stop the dang run and make that young whippersnapper of a quarterback beat them with his passing (and maybe runs, but I noticed he likes to pass first, not taking off real quick). And how do you cover five different possible receivers, even with the "Best cornerback in the WHOLE world"? And Denver's O-Line, my gosh!!!

kidhawk

Reaction score
hawkpride":1a7k181r said:
So as the title says my Cuz is a Bronco fan, and he e-mailed this to me yesterday in regards to a little wager. Thoughts, be nice as I gave him the link to our forum.

I should give you all a few points (but ain't gonna) cause all Denver has to do is stop the dang run and make that young whippersnapper of a quarterback beat them with his passing (and maybe runs, but I noticed he likes to pass first, not taking off real quick). And how do you cover five different possible receivers, even with the "Best cornerback in the WHOLE world"? And Denver's O-Line, my gosh!!!

does he go by "BroncoExpert" by any chance :lol:

calinator

Reaction score
Sounds about right. How are they supposed to stop 5 different threats? Especially with that O-line, and Peytons quick release... Welp if here's to hoping.

Treefiddy

Reaction score
calinator":2jx3td6t said:
Sounds about right. How are they supposed to stop 5 different threats? Especially with that O-line, and Peytons quick release... Welp if here's to hoping.
Three passes for -2 yards each wont' win you the game.

djb28

Reaction score
Last I checked we had 4 damn good receivers too. and a running back who catches well.
We are not going up against a defense even close to what we faced in the past 6 weeks.

Maybe I am wrong but I have watched 4 Bronco games this season and I just thought their Defense stunk.

Polaris

Reaction score
calinator":33bvb8fr said:

You need to watch some Seattle game film. First of all seattle's back up corners and dbs could start just about anywhere else in the NFL. Secondly what Seattle plays is what Gruden calls a press "Triangle-Zone". Essentially we've got two lockdown corners (Sherman you know but Maxwell is very nearly as good) that squeeze out the outside routes, and you have Earl Thomas who is fast enough to cover the entire middle of the field by himself and provide support as the 'apex' of that triangle. Finally we have fast, strong, and highly athletic linebackers and DEs that can drop back and cover the short middle of the field while still getting a lot of pressure with 3-4 men rushing (and it's very seldom the same 3-4).

While there's no such thing as a 'perfect' defense, this is about as close as you're going to see for the modern game. It also requires a high degree of atheleticism and skill-set that isn't common with most NFL defenses. The signature quality of this defense is not only that they are physical but they are fast. Seattle gives up the least on screen plays and the least YAC of anyone in the league. That's particular true since this speed allows our DBs and LBers to "hit" receivers as they come off the line and permits them to play very close (the "press" part) to the receivers.

It's actually a very bad matchup for what Denver wants to do and there aren't very many defenses other than Seattle's that can do it. Certainly Denver hasn't seen any (except that one half in the preseason against Seattle....and we know how that turned out).

seanoob

Reaction score
Polaris":1c2yohia said:
calinator":1c2yohia said:

You need to watch some Seattle game film. First of all seattle's back up corners and dbs could start just about anywhere else in the NFL. Secondly what Seattle plays is what Gruden calls a press "Triangle-Zone". Essentially we've got two lockdown corners (Sherman you know but Maxwell is very nearly as good) that squeeze out the outside routes, and you have Earl Thomas who is fast enough to cover the entire middle of the field by himself and provide support as the 'apex' of that triangle. Finally we have fast, strong, and highly athletic linebackers and DEs that can drop back and cover the short middle of the field while still getting a lot of pressure with 3-4 men rushing (and it's very seldom the same 3-4).

While there's no such thing as a 'perfect' defense, this is about as close as you're going to see for the modern game. It also requires a high degree of atheleticism and skill-set that isn't common with most NFL defenses. The signature quality of this defense is not only that they are physical but they are fast. Seattle gives up the least on screen plays and the least YAC of anyone in the league. That's particular true since this speed allows our DBs and LBers to "hit" receivers as they come off the line and permits them to play very close (the "press" part) to the receivers.

It's actually a very bad matchup for what Denver wants to do and there aren't very many defenses other than Seattle's that can do it. Certainly Denver hasn't seen any (except that one half in the preseason against Seattle....and we know how that turned out).

This needs to be a sticky on every forum talking about Denver O vs Seattle D.

DeathbyTalons

Reaction score
calinator":1d5hlhv3 said:
You eliminate the one throwing the ball. Manning will get smacked around in this one, quick release or not.

calinator

Reaction score
Polaris's thoughts have eased my worries a little bit. Ugh can't wait till gameday so we can finally see the results!

Highlordb

Reaction score
How is denvers receivers going to do any good when they get roughed up at the line of scrimage and Peyton is running for his life due to our pass rush? Denver is so delusional thinking that there Defense is even a top 10 defense...its Med - ioc -re.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Polaris":2ktlnrim said:
calinator":2ktlnrim said:

taxidriver.gif

DavidSeven

Reaction score
hawkpride":1bo3y3e1 said:
And how do you cover five different possible receivers, even with the "Best cornerback in the WHOLE world"?

I said it in another thread. This seems to be what everyone in Denver is thinking. Bro, look at our secondary:

FS: Earl Thomas, All-Pro, consensus best safety in the NFL.
SS: Kam Chancellor, All-Pro, consensus hardest hitting DB in the NFL. Played huge part in shutting down Jimmy Graham and Vernon Davis in consecutive weeks.
CB: Richard Sherman, All-Pro, "Don't you open your mouth about the best!"
CB: Byron Maxwell, among cornerbacks with 400+ snaps, Maxwell has the 2nd best QB rating allowed of 47.8 (Sherman is first at 47.3).
Slot CB: Walter Thurmond, was the starting CB before marijuana suspension. Would probably be the starter on 31 other NFL teams.

Please continue to tell me about your "weapons."

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
The Denver fanbase is just another example of the myopic homer sport fan that doesn't pay attention to anything outside their little world.

They have no idea how good this Hawks team is, because they're consumed with Manning-mania.