Playoff Scoring

kidhawk

Reaction score
Ok, we all know that our offense isn't as bad as people touting Denver's offense seem to think it is, so I did a quick look and compared the two playoff games and here's what I came up with

Denver - 24 points vs Chargers + 26 points vs Patriots = 50 points (25 ppg avg)
Seattle - 23 points vs Saints + 23 points vs Niners = 46 points (23 ppg avg)

Yards

Denver - 363 total yards vs Chargers + 510 yards vs Patriots = 873 yards (436.5 ypg)
Seattle - 277 total yards vs Saints + 330 yards vs Niners = 607 yards (303.5 ypg)

Turnovers

Denver - VS Chargers Broncos had 1 fumble & 1 INT with 0 recoveries for a -2 & VS Patriots there were no turnovers (Total -2 playoffs)
Seattle - VS Saints we had 0 turnovers and Recovered 1 Fumble for a +1 & VS Niners we had 1 turnover and recovered 1 fumble and 2 INT for a +2 (Total +3 playoffs)

Oppenent Defensive Scoring Ranking

Denver - Chargers Ranked 11th in points allowed, Patriots Ranked 10th in points allowed.....opponents avergae was 10.5 ranking
Seattle - Saints Ranked 3rd in points allowed, Niners Ranked 2nd in points allowed....opponents average was 2.5 ranking

Oppenent Defensive Yards Ranking

Denver - Chargers ranked 23rd in yards allowed, Patriots ranked 26th in yards allowed....opponents average was 24.5 ranking
Seattle - Saints ranked 4th in yards allowed, Niners ranked 5th in yards allowed....opponents average was 4.5 ranking

So, when we look at these numbers, it is glaringly obvious that the Broncos can get the yards, but they've done it against MUCH worse defenses. It also shows that the Broncos have more of a tendency to turn the ball over than we do, and all in all haven't really scored all that much more.

chawx

Reaction score
what this tells me is that Denver and it's fans are going to sh** bricks when they see how well a GREAT defense will do against them.

They don't know speed, they don't know tenacity, they don't know the PAIN that will be inflicted on them in this game. Especially when you factor in the weather, they're going to fold so quickly the second one of them hits that turf, it's not even funny.

This game could seriously get out of hand if we play like we're capable.

dbsn2420

Reaction score
Gawd.... I can hear it now, "Those despicable Hawks defenders and that loudmouth Sherman hold on every play." Thanks for providing those numbers by the way! I think it will be these little factors like this that allow the Hawks to simply dominate the Broncs in aspects of the game people aren't talking about.

EntiatHawk

Reaction score
The key this game will be can we make Manning move. Get him off his spot and rough him up a bit. If he has to keep moving to make plays there will be turnovers. Could be a huge advantage to the Hawks. If we don't we could be in for a long day, but even then we can make a game of it and pull it off. I just do not think people understand this offense and underestimate what it can do.

StorytellerMatt

Reaction score
Remember the last time Denver went to the Super Bowl with an world-beating white quarterback and was favored over a team with a black quarterback? Yeh, I thought so.

XxxZagnutxxX

Reaction score
The ultimate key to this game will be getting pressure on Manning. Get some good hard hits on him and he will start bitching at his Oline.