Avril and Bennett

Polk738

Reaction score
So I've been watching a lot of the highlights this season an just can't get over how great of an asset these two were to the defense this year- They are a great tandem together, usually getting to the quarterback at the same time, so much so that its almost like watching a race to see who can knock the ball out first. I think they need a nickname what do you guys think?

seadoc30

Reaction score
Just imagine if these two weren't here, especially with how Clemons is playing! Yikes!

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
No nicknames....just enjoy the ride. And re-sign Bennett.

davidonmi

Reaction score
seadoc30":32h3inso said:
Just imagine if these two weren't here, especially with how Clemons is playing! Yikes!
we probably don't win the division

THUGCAPS

Reaction score
Why is everyone so obsessed with nicknames? You can't TRY to come up with a nickname, it's just supposed to happen.

The Twelvethman

Reaction score
That is something I've also noticed a lot, how they both get there together, seems like more often than they get to the QB individually. Avril strips Bennett recovers. Repo men, they've come to collect.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
dunceface":xcqnwxuv said:

That's terrible. Michiff.

On a serious note, I agree with the person who said you can't force nicknames.

Seatownbully

Reaction score
I thought the Hammer and the Sickle were good then I saw The Repo men. That is Awesome. They take it away and bring it back to da house!. That could stick. For those of you that don't like nicknames..... :les:

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Seatownbully":3vr22m7s said:
I thought the Hammer and the Sickle were good then I saw The Repo men. That is Awesome. They take it away and bring it back to da house!. That could stick. For those of you that don't like nicknames..... :les:

I'm not saying I don't like nicknames, but there are countless threads trying to give a nickname to a player all the time. You can say don't click on the thread and I don't, but the title of this thread didn't mention it was a nickname thread.

niveky

Reaction score
if they hadn't gotten avril and bennett they would probably have kept irvin as the other end in pass rushing downs. I think with the dt rotation they still would have been ok..but ok might not have been as successful. for naysayers blasting this, irvin did have 8 sacks last year when paired with clemons on the other side. who's to say if coaching was completely geared towards being a de rather than learning lb coverage and stuff he couldn't have had another good year in year 2. regardless, i'm glad it turned out how it did because if for some reason they don't retain bennett, with the growth irvin has had as a lb this year he would probably be able to split time in the lb rotation and also as a de and now be able to handle coverage responsibilities from the de position if they throw different looks at opposing offenses. Even if they didn't bring in any other lb's next year smith and irvin could rotate at that third lb spot.

OP
OP
Polk738

Polk738

Reaction score
the repo men lol I like it, and it was just meant to be a fun post and to bring up discussion about those two, I would definitely say they were the best pick ups this off season

Latest posts