Why I Love Doug Baldwin

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Baldwin is my next custom jersey.

aawolf

Reaction score
Baldwin is so underrated its ridiculous. He's had the skills and awareness to be in the right spot for huge plays all season. Undrafted guy that needs to be locked up IMO. I would cut any other receiver on this team before cutting him (with the exception of Harvin), including Tate and Rice. He's worked so hard and you can tell he has a special mental connection with Russell Wilson. His hard work should be rewarded.

kidhawk

Reaction score
KIRO is playing a recorded interview with Baldwin at 11 (Pacific) today [urltargetblank]http://player.originpull.cdn.liquidcompass.net/KIROAM[/urltargetblank]

I've always loved Baldwin. I was so glad that the so-called experts were wrong when they said he'd be cut or traded pre-season. I have only worn two guys on my back this season one is Earl Thomas (29) and the other is Doug Baldwin (89). It's a trend I'm not changing before the off season.

SilkMonkey

Reaction score
I have my custom #15 from his rookie year(old style)- he signed it last year @ camp (right after he switched) and playfully invited me to get an 89. I may just do that.

alvaboy

Reaction score
He reminds me of Brian Blades, who wore #89 for Seahawks in the late 80's.

dunceface

Reaction score
I agree with everything said in this thread and he also loves to stick it to the niners too!

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
At the beginning of the freaking year, before the season started, people were belittling Baldwin and talking about how the addition of Baldwin meant we could just cut the guy.

I kept going back to big games where Baldwin was key (like that SF in Seattle last year where Baldwin was making incredible catches in the rain) and it just felt like even though the guy seemed invisible, he always made key plays for us.

It just made no sense that people would want to toss aside a guy like that.

Then he made that tremendous catch that saved our tail against Carolina (which is good because that one game kept us at home against the Niners later in the playoffs!) and people started to come around.

It took near half the season before people started really giving the guy his due, but he has been amazing for us.

SE174

Reaction score
Love me some DB Fresh. Still need to get CARLSON changed to BALDWIN on my 89 Jersey, especially since Doug signed it.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
I want the media for the next two weeks to continue talking about how mediocre of a receiver Doug Baldwin is. Get that man angry!

ZagHawk

Reaction score
ivotuk":i88hm6mi said:
I just might get a Doug Baldwin jersey myself. As soon as he re ups :)

I'm gonna make me a custom Haushka jersey...that guy needs some love too.

12th_Bob

Reaction score
We got to keep him and Sherman somehow just for the annual SF match-ups.

bluengreen

Reaction score
Has anyone seen any update on his hip? I sure hope he can be full strength for the Superbowl.

plyka

Reaction score
aawolf":392vy72x said:
Baldwin is so underrated its ridiculous. He's had the skills and awareness to be in the right spot for huge plays all season. Undrafted guy that needs to be locked up IMO. I would cut any other receiver on this team before cutting him (with the exception of Harvin), including Tate and Rice. He's worked so hard and you can tell he has a special mental connection with Russell Wilson. His hard work should be rewarded.

Baldwin is so good that Wilson really needs to give him more chances. Baldwin has one of the highest catch per target ratios in the NFL.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Doug is just as valuable at Tate but will draw less money in Free Agency, I do wonder how this cold streak for Golden will effect his value. If Wilson wants to keep Tate around for cheap he shouldn't throw to him too much in the SB.