Super Bowl: Would they actually move it due to weather?

ShaunPope

Reaction score
Hearing about the reports of all the awful weather headed towards NYC/NJ area, would they actually dare move the game up to Friday/Saturday or even back to Monday? I heard talk of that possibility a couple months ago. What weather would it take for that to actually happen?

12th_Bob

Reaction score
Believe it when I see it, I don't think it'll happen unless we are talking monsoon or something.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
If they think it will help Peyton's chances, yes. I'm kidding...I hope.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
Considering that about a billion people watch this thing and billions of dollars are going into advertising, I can't imagine there's anything short of an epic natural disaster that would make them move the date of the game. The NFL doesn't give a toss about the fans in the stadium, if they did, it wouldn't be in New Jersey anyway.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Too much money involved. I heard an NFL guy on the radio say he doesn't even really believe the NFL has a contingency plan.

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
Did not they already say they could/would postpone it if they had to?

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Evil_Shenanigans":2647cyh4 said:
Not a chance. Snow would just add to the spectacle.

Beast Mode in the Snow would be like an Abominable Snowman. He did play in Buffalo for a few seasons. And recently some scientists believe the Yeti is a product of evolution of a hybrid species of bear, half polar bear and part brown brown bear.

He also went to Cal. So he's already part Golden Bear like Brandon "Big Bear" Mebane.

stonewallj799

Reaction score
They did say something about the possibility of moving it to Monday or the following weekend. It was nothing for sure but they said it to cover their butts if it is a blizzard. I bet they don't move it unless its 7 inches or more being predicted.

chris98251

Reaction score
Yeah explain that to the thousands of people taken time off and also traveling, then explain it to the locals that banked on this event for their businesses. Sorry we have white stuff resceduleing to next week.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
The Great Hawktini":1026u810 said:
Explain again why they decided to have a superbowl that could be adversely affected by weather?

Goodell is a Giants fan and he wanted a SuperBowl in his favorite team's stadium.

86Hawk

Reaction score
They might have no choice. They arent letting people drive to the stadium, only mass transit. Mass transit is currently shut down because of a huge snowstorm. So if the super bowl were right now the stadium would be empty and they would have no choice but to move it.

Hawks46

Reaction score
chris98251":r1y1v99o said:
Yeah explain that to the thousands of people taken time off and also traveling, then explain it to the locals that banked on this event for their businesses. Sorry we have white stuff resceduleing to next week.

This. People would be suing the NFL for damages and costs incurred. Seriously "you put a Superbowl where there is typically bad weather, WHEN there is typically bad weather, and now you want to move it on me once I made travel plans ?"

Pstark3

Reaction score
And the reason we can't have a superbowl in Seattle is because of weather??