Amani Toomer vs Softy?

brendonkuhn

Reaction score
I see twitter blowing up about an interview between these two. Didn't hear it, but I think it was with Softy as a guest on a Toomer hosted show. Can anyone with more information chime in here?

Also, when/if a podcast is available, post it here!

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Interesting. Seahawks LBer Korey Toomer is Amani's Cousin (Just thought I mention it)

86Hawk

Reaction score
I heard it. Toomer is a little baby. Whining that the media isnt focusing on baldwin but sherman instead. He has his own show and was only asking questions about sherman. Hypocrite. Hung up o. Softy because he didnt get the answer he wanted to hear

OP
OP
B

brendonkuhn

Reaction score
86Hawk":1u1bl3ee said:
I heard it. Toomer is a little baby. Whining that the media isnt focusing on baldwin but sherman instead. He has his own show and was only asking questions about sherman. Hypocrite. Hung up o. Softy because he didnt get the answer he wanted to hear

When was the interview? Know if it can be found anywhere?

gtcotcakya

Reaction score
Softy re-played it on his show earlier. Toomer didn't like what Softy had to say about the Sherman thing and ended up dumping him. Toomer came across as a self-centered dick imho. I imagine it'll be podcasted later through KJR.

Escamillo

Reaction score
I heard it when Softy replayed it today. Toomer sounded like an ignorant fool. And classeless, since he couldn't handle what Softy was saying, so cut Softy off. Inviting someone on as a guest then cutting them off, not for profanity or something like that, but just because you don't like what they're saying, is a punk move.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Man I didn't even put that together that Korey was related to Amani

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
Yeah, as a would-be pro broadcaster, Toomer bungled that whole thing pretty badly. Hearing Softy talk about it beforehand, I expected that he would have been at least part of the problem (he's a loudmouth, no question), but no. Softy was a total pro and Toomer was anything but.

Softy's producer (Shockey?) nailed it with his assessment, IMO. At some point during his career in the NY market, Toomer didn't get enough attention, and he was projecting that onto Baldwin. In essence, Toomer was telling Baldwin how to feel about the situation, which was as big a fail as it sounds like it would be.

Navyhawkfan187

Reaction score
I think its hilarious that Toomer thinks Baldwin should be mad because his best friend since college and one of the reasons Doug is on the squad (Sherman lobbied Pete and John to sign Baldwin as an UDFA) just because Sherman is getting headlines and Doug isn't.