PopcornGate

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
Long time Hawks fan, first time poster.

Just wondering if anyone actually saw or has a direct account of how the popcorn came to be tossed upon Bowman. I keep hearing how the person
who did it was a douche, which is correct if it definitely was intentional.

Could it have accidentally been spilled while people were peering into the tunnel to see the action, and somebody bumped somebody.
Hell, I can spill popcorn with the best of them, even when I'm not drunk. I can't imagine standing and holding a bag with dozens of people around
you screaming and spitting snot and getting wild at the game.

Yes, its not that bad of an incident, and yes its disrespectful if on purpose, but until we know for sure, then everybody's guessing.

Go Hawks.
Hawks 30
Broncs 28

lsheldon

Reaction score
I postulated the same thing yesterday, and frankly until proof of a photo or video showing it being thrown I'm not buying it. My god, a dozen popcorn kernels can do some SERIOUS damage man. Gotta watch out for that stuff.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
I saw a thread that had the popcorn tossed onto the cart he went out on. Popcorn only. It is on our web in the thread on Bowman. Look there.

Kakaww

Reaction score
If there was a video of a Nun, wearing a Kaepernick jersey, clearly praying for Bowman on his way through the tunnel, spilling popcorn while cradling a small orphan child in her other hand, it would still be blamed on the entire fanbase of the Seahawks.

OP
OP
HomerJHawk

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":21pjqui9 said:
I saw a thread that had the popcorn tossed onto the cart he went out on. Popcorn only. It is on our web in the thread on Bowman. Look there.

Yeah, I saw that. But not the 'perp' or the action that led up to it. My guess it was simply spilled, or somebody got bumped But alas, I too am guessing.
I just wanted to put in my $0.02. The thread that was active earlier has been locked and I lost my chance to comment.

Here's my scenario:
Bluto, or Bill the Beer man wannabe, has just come back from the concessions holding two beers , popcorn under an arm, and three hot dogs stuffed in his pockets.
He's making his way back into the stadium and sees people crowded above the tunnel.
He goes to get a better look and, oops, dammit, somebody bumps him and popcorn goes a flyin'.
He looks both ways, furtively, eyes bulging, and smartly slinks off back to his seat, no one the wiser.

OahuHawkFan

Reaction score
God, this whole incident is so overblown it's rediculous.

I went over to webzone to try and reason with those guys. "Whiners" is more accurate than I could have ever known... It's funny how thin-skinned and insecure several of the posters come across - all the while accusing ALL Seahawks fans of everything they themselves are so clearly guilty of. Because somebody (hey, it could have been a Niner fan for all we know) spilled a handful of popcorn, WE'RE all absolutely dispicable. Countless statements condoning violence to Seahawks fans and players then ensue.... Ofcourse, no mention of the two Seahawk fans that were SHOT in Fresno following the game.

Honestly, I kinda like hanging out with the enemy. I prefer it over the constant Homerism that can sometimes get old on your home site (no offense!). But man, I feel dumber for having spent a few hours there yesterday. That's two very disturbing hours of my life I'd like back!

Maybe I have to try and shed the masochist tendency that leads me astray... That site is continually trolled by some of their more prominent posters (Young2rice, crabman82), and those guys come across like spoiled kids - NOT fun to try and rationalize with.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
A guy on FB said he the guy that threw it was next to him. He regretted not alerting security. No crap, Sherlock!

SeaWolv

Reaction score
lsheldon":3dq1r0c6 said:
I postulated the same thing yesterday, and frankly until proof of a photo or video showing it being thrown I'm not buying it. My god, a dozen popcorn kernels can do some SERIOUS damage man. Gotta watch out for that stuff.

I saw the clip and it literally is a dozen popcorn kernels. Now if I were trying to dis Bowman, which I wouldn't, I would dump all of it on him or find something else like a beverage. 12 popcorn kernels is an embarrassment if the intent was to demoralize him.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
I dont think any food or drink would actually hurt Bowman. It is the intent of an insult unto injury. Should never happen. The guy was hurt and on a stretcher/cart. How would you like it (even if it was just popcorn) thrown on you while you are on a stretcher being taken into a hospital?

I know it is not indicative of our fan base but stuff like that does shed bad light on us all.

Now if we did it to a health Harbaugh that would be funny:)

chris98251

Reaction score
-The Glove-":2jn3yl7f said:
A guy on FB said he the guy that threw it was next to him. He regretted not alerting security. No crap, Sherlock!

And you beleive everything you read on Facebook, My Space or the internet :)

FairWeatherFan

Reaction score
SeaWolv":1jc409q5 said:
I saw the clip and it literally is a dozen popcorn kernels. Now if I were trying to dis Bowman, which I wouldn't, I would dump all of it on him or find something else like a beverage. 12 popcorn kernels is an embarrassment if the intent was to demoralize him.

It's funny to me how the incident was portrayed by the media. When there was a claim that somebody "threw food" at an injured player - ,for me, it invoked visions of hotdogs, whole slices of pizza, and a plate of spaghetti being tossed at the guy. Then I saw the replay of what actually happened.... :? Total Sensationalism IMO.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":2y718e5y said:

yeah and most of it fell off the cart. there was like 3 kernals still on the cart.

this is completely overblown. With Sherman saying "throwing food" as if some one through a plate of nachos on him.

The popcorn did nothing. Is it tasteless to do that? sure, but no harm was done.

Wartooth

Reaction score
It has been totally overblown.
People being shot and stabbed at other venues, but the media has to go on and on about less than a dozen pieces of popcorn!
When I heard about this, I was expecting to see crap raining down on him...Cups, bottles, pizza, burgers, and nachos!
But a few pieces of popcorn?!
Com'on!

-The Glove-

Reaction score
chris98251":yr76p4hv said:
-The Glove-":yr76p4hv said:

And you beleive everything you read on Facebook, My Space or the internet :)

Nope I just said someone said that... But if it was the guy sitting next to/near him, the guy's a fool for not speaking up

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
ku-xlarge.gif

Much ado about nothing.

I read somewhere that it was Skittles, but those are for sure popcorn kernels. And it looks like someone tripped and dropped them. Who knows?

Hawks46

Reaction score
looking at that, it was thrown. looks like a handful only, and the trajectory has it going away from the wall at a decent angle.

Someone would've had to been shoved and almost lost the bag to get that angle.

Whoever did it is a douche. Bowman has never said jack to any Seahawks and just plays hard and clean. I feel for the guy. Knee injuries suck.

razor150

Reaction score
By the amount it was also clearly only one person. Whoever did it is a douche but to condemn an entire fan base and condone violence against them makes that douche seem high class.

EntiatHawk

Reaction score
I do not think you even closely denounce this action because someone did something else at another stadium. Who ever did this is a douche and I would of made sure security knew it and the dude was tossed. That is bull, I hate the niners as much as anyone but the man is a warrior who just had his knee destroyed.

People like that should be put on the field and let a NFL linebacker hit in full stride and then let us all throw popcorn at him.

I'm sorry the dude was very hurt and that should not be tolerated by anyone in the stands.