Any long time ticket holders angry? (2x Lottery losers)

TheHawkster

Reaction score
Is anyone else mad about being passed up on the super bowl lottery twice?
I'm not fuming but it's more of a smolder.

I'm willing to pay $1600 for a last minute ticket on super sunday.
More than twice face value on a $800 ticket is increasingly hard to swallow.

Especially since the league said lottery winners had to go to the game.
Then yesterday, I see people getting tickets and now they're selling them.
The NFL turned tail and screwed folks that actually might want to attend the game.

What might be worse is being on vacation in New York and not attending the game.
That will scar me for life.

I guess I'll be paying out the nose but I'm not happy about it.

BullHawk33

Reaction score
It sucks you didn't get drawn especially since you planned this trip so long ago. I'm sure Karma will come around and you'll be able to pick some up.

MesquiteHawk

Reaction score
Only thing worse than that would be being stuck in Angola trying to watch it on a laptop. IF I have the internet bandwidth to stream it. Not to mention having to get up at midnight to watch it.

Oh, sorry. I am just feeling whiny.

SeaTown81

Reaction score
TheHawkster":yifkvy4m said:
Is anyone else mad about being passed up on the super bowl lottery twice?
I'm not fuming but it's more of a smolder.

I'm willing to pay $1600 for a last minute ticket on super sunday.
More than twice face value on a $800 ticket is increasingly hard to swallow.

Especially since the league said lottery winners had to go to the game.
Then yesterday, I see people getting tickets and now they're selling them.
The NFL turned tail and screwed folks that actually might want to attend the game.

What might be worse is being on vacation in New York and not attending the game.
That will scar me for life.

I guess I'll be paying out the nose but I'm not happy about it.

The league didn't go back on anything. They held a national lottery for $500 tickets a while back. And with the winners for those, they have to get the tickets in person at the game. It was to do with the fact that the league wanted to sell "cheap" tickets to fans who actually wanted to go to the game. Not re-sell them. People thought that might be the same for tickets through the teams. But it wasn't. Two different things entirely.

Commissioner Roger Goodell tells Gary Myers of the New York Daily News that 1,000 tickets have been made available to fans at $500 a pop, and that the fans who bought the tickets must be the same fans who show up and use them.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... l-tickets/

As for the lottery, the odds are very low for all season ticket holders. The team only had 3,000 tickets in total. They sell them in pairs, so that's 1,500 winners selected. I don't know how many season ticket holders there are in total. But 62,000 seats in CLink are season tickets. Most have multiple tickets, so the number of actual season ticket holders is prob closer to half that number. But it's a large enough number that everyone's odds were very low.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Sorry you didn't get selected, but I was reading yesterday that the market is fairly saturated with tickets now and that there are more available now then there were at this time last year. The 'experts' think the price will continue to drop as the game gets closer and they expect then to get as low as $1,500 each. Of course the longer a person waits the odds increase that there won't be any available at the lowest price. It's basically a big game of chicken

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
It's a lottery. The odds are stacked against you. I've been passed up twice (but thanks to the ever-awesome Mike Flood in 2005 I was able to secure two tickets at face) but I get it's not personal. It's a lotto and the odds are always going to be stacked against you.