To those embarrassed by Sherman

CaptainSkybeard

Reaction score
Read this Forbes article.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/tommytomlin ... interview/

Then read the article on Sherman's own blog.

If you are still embarrassed about his actions, I don't really know what to tell you. You got a rare glimpse of the real, unfiltered emotions and real thoughts of a player right after sending his team to the Super Bowl. Be proud of Richard.

CANHawk

Reaction score
I'm super proud of him. That's where he has to put himself to play at the level he plays at. It's what makes him the all pro he is. you can't say things like "I sure like Sherman as a player, but I wish he'd stop talking so much shit". He CAN'T! That IS his game. To take one away would leave you without the other. If you want him to be a nice, polite young man at all times you'll neuter him into a Kelly Jennings clone.

No... don't change a god damn thing Sherm. I love you just the way you are.

Seeker

Reaction score
He can say whatever he wants. just get us a ring. all the people on here crying about class are the same people that fear we are gonna lose every game so they can be like "I told you so" that loser mentality is what has had us in the muck for years.

Polaris

Reaction score
Sherman may have been a bit OTT but under the circumstances, it's hard to fault him too much. As for attacking Crabtree, that may seem bush-league, but I know what Crabtree is like even as far back as his days in Texas Tech. I have absolutely no doubt that Crabtree deserves it. It's also nice to hear Sherman push back against the national meme that Crabtree is somehow the second coming of Jerry Rice.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Most guys that have played the game on NFL Network seem to have no problem with what he said...since they know what its like to win big games and the adrenalin afterwards it happens. And ya they were stipid to target the best CB in the game on that play...he spoke the truth and the truth hurts I guess..

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Aren't the "Sherman Apologists" the ones who are defending his controversial statements, much like yourself? You want to direct this post to the "Sherman Detractors" or something like that

TJH

Reaction score
You don't know what the word apologist means...

Penman96

Reaction score
That Sherman interview shows the intensity of the LOB while on the field - no wonder they are the best

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
Sherm is a genius.

1. The one guy on the team that absolutely thrives on media attention, good or bad, just made himself the target of all such heading into the biggest game of the year taking a lot of attention off some that would rather not deal w/ it. We know who they are.
2. The mantra "there is no such thing as bad press" holds true in all but political circles. Take examples of HoF's that helped get themselves there and stay in the lime light w/ their mouths (Deion comes quickly to mind). I hated Deion when he played for his arrogant flamboyant style but I never forget his play abilities/actions.
3. This team and especially this secondary seems to thrive on this swagger and belief in them selves. Sherm just reinforces these ideals and is the driving force behind them.
4. Actions speak loudly. Does Sherm greedily pad his own stats my trying to make the pick himself or tip the ball back into the waiting arms of a team mate (yet again) ?

Yea, I love the dude right about now..........We going to the SUPERBOWL!!!!!!!!! Pumped jacked and pumped again!!

Go Hawks!!!

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
I think people prefer to see BS fake responses from players so that they can read between the lines and gossip.

When we finally get a raw, real response - people are uncomfortable and shy away.

Crabtree is mediocre.

Sherman is the best.

He said what he believes. We should be lauding him.

UGotHawked

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":2pzt8ecc said:
Aren't the "Sherman Apologists" the ones who are defending his controversial statements, much like yourself? You want to direct this post to the "Sherman Detractors" or something like that

Yeah I couldn't figure that out either.

OP
OP
CaptainSkybeard

CaptainSkybeard

Reaction score
UGotHawked":2dgba9pf said:
Missing_Clink":2dgba9pf said:

Yeah I couldn't figure that out either.

You're right. I used the word incorrectly. Fixed it.

TestMo1337

Reaction score
And a week ago people were blasting Wilson for not admitting that the offense stunk against the Saints.

Tical21

Reaction score
You're the best corner in the game, making a play that just sent your team to the SuperBowl. That should speak for itself. No need to be a punk about it.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
TJH":3dj4m3nk said:
You don't know what the word apologist means...
Go complain about how you think Richard Sherman should be a tea-and-crumpet-eating gentleman to suit your vision of what he's supposed to be some more.

Latest posts