When Was the Last Time BOTH #1 Seeds Made the Super Bowl?

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
That was a question I was very much curious to find out about ... and from the research I've done, it hasn't happened a lot. In fact, if I'm right it's only happened TWICE before that the #1 Seeds from both conferences made the Super Bowl ...

1991 - Super Bowl XXV -- New York Giants/Buffalo Bills ... Giants won 20-19

1993 - Super Bowl XXVII -- Dallas Cowboys/Buffalo Bills ... Cowboys won 52-17.

THAT'S IT -- just twice before in NFL History. Just an interesting little tidbit that I thought people would be curious to know about.

themunn

Reaction score
What I want to know is the last time the highest scoring team met the lowest scoring defense.

Bucs versus Raiders was the last time Number 1 in yards faced Number 1 in yards allowed (Bucs were also 1st in points allowed, but Raiders 2nd in points scored).

Steve2222

Reaction score
themunn":7yc5lefs said:
What I want to know is the last time the highest scoring team met the lowest scoring defense.

Bucs versus Raiders was the last time Number 1 in yards faced Number 1 in yards allowed (Bucs were also 1st in points allowed, but Raiders 2nd in points scored).

And the NFC, #1 defense dominated that day (in perfect weather conditions nonetheless).

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
themunn":1z0ha8bq said:

IIRC, this is the first time the #1 passing offense will play the #1 passing defense in the Owl.

Latest posts