Seems like a different feel this time compared with 2005

seabowl

Reaction score
I am not from nor do I live in Seattle but it appears that this year there is much much more fan support going into the NFCCG compared with 05. I traveled to Seattle for the NFCCG in 05 and although people were excited, this year appears to be on a whole different level. Anyone else agree?

djb28

Reaction score
The only face we had representing us in 2005 was Hass. I almost think Rich Eisen had something to do with that..
Alexander really didn't get much media love. I think the 12's got more media time!

This time around, much different for sure.

Throwdown

Reaction score
This team also has a really different bond with its fans than the 2005 team did as well. Whethers that's because of twitter or something else, you just feel closer to these guys than you did in 2005.

warden

Reaction score
In 2005 I hoped we could get to the Superbowl

This year I believe we could win the Superbowl

OrFan

Reaction score
Throwdown":ur6de62p said:
This team also has a really different bond with its fans than the 2005 team did as well. Whethers that's because of twitter or something else, you just feel closer to these guys than you did in 2005.

A lot of that stems from the coach. With Pete the team and it's fans are intertwined. With Holmgren fans were great, so he said at times, other times he said "**** the fans." That is fact. To him it was all about his system, nothing more.

Pete is all about what it takes to win. He loves the fans and what they provide. Having an attitude like that rubs off onto the players as well. We, the fans, have a much better relationship with the team as a result.

Riley12

Reaction score
Like warden, what is different for me this time around is expectation.

Last time around, I was so grateful that we were playing at home in a conference championship. Everything about it was amazing - playing a meaningful game in mid January, the national media coverage focused 1/4 of the time on the Seahawks, the newness of it all.

This time, I am greedy. I want to take the next step and this team is ready to take it.

When it is May or June or so, I will probably be able to look back and enjoy the ride that was the 2013 season. Right now, though, I am a bundle of sleepless, nervous anticipation.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
seabowl":31rldqqf said:
I am not from nor do I live in Seattle but it appears that this year there is much much more fan support going into the NFCCG compared with 05. I traveled to Seattle for the NFCCG in 05 and although people were excited, this year appears to be on a whole different level. Anyone else agree?
Yes. We are starting to build a true national following and if we win the Superbowl it's a done deal given we're as hated just as much as loved outside the PNW.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I think we aren't taking it for granted. In 2005, we believed we were at the beginning of a championship window. We expected to be back in the Super Bowl in 2006 and 2007 as well.

We know now that it is hard to get to this platform, even with an amazing team. Now that we're here, we aren't letting the magnitude of the game be glossed over.

oasis

Reaction score
Throwdown":20ho9nor said:
Ah the Real Rob Report. How I miss you so

TestMo1337

Reaction score
Another thing to point out is that we hadn't won a playoff game in nearly 20 years until 2005 so there was this enormous pressure to win.

Since then, we've won at least one game every year we've been in the playoffs so fan expectations have rapidly changed.

Polaris

Reaction score
I rememeber the 2005 run. Honestly for as good as our Seahawks were that year, it seemed like (at least nationally) they were virtually invisible! For all the bad press our team this year takes, it's far better than the NO press that the 2005 team had to suffer with. Frankly I don't think even Seattle fans started to really believe in the 2005 team until after the Giants game.

Why? Well some of it is the modern social media to be sure. However, frankly I think more of it is due to the teams and personalities themselves. Let's face it. In retrospect our 2005 team was sort of 'soft' and very much a discplined 'finesse' team. Masters of the long drive, Seattle wins that year seemed to be acts of Judo where the opposing team would suddenly look up and realize they were three scores down and a third of the game was gone. In terms of attention, the assumption that year seemed to be:

"If we win, they will notice." Well, lesson learned. Seattle won but the national media could have cared less.

This Seahawks team is a lot like the classic Steelers and Raiders teams. We know we aren't respected nationally, so we'll go out and TAKE and DEMAND the attention, and if that makes others hate us, well BFD.

Donn2390

Reaction score
Everything mentioned above, PLUS, electronic media. In '05 only Bill Gates had a computer, and no one was tweeting, texting, or twerking...!!
Before iphones, it was two tin cans with a string between...

tom sawyer

Reaction score
In 2005 it kind of crept up on us. I don't really remember "believing" the whole season long that we would end up in the SB, Sure we were playing good, raking up W's and Alexander was tearing up the turf and building epic numbers. It was the "faith in the finish" that was missing. I was SHOCKED when we beat the black cats. Besides myself.

This year ... we started rolling late LAST YEAR and the gun scope had the SB in the sights when we pulled the trigger of the first snap in game one.
This has been a mission all year!

WE "3"ELIEVE!!!

chris98251

Reaction score
2005 was a joyride, we were all wrapped up in being there, 2014 we understand that the league, world and officials are not fair, best team doesn't just win they have to take victory and make it their own. We have learned that outside opinions don't matter.

Were hungry, were nasty, were hell bent on correcting what should have been a win in 2005. This is speaking as a fan

Pete knows the score with the league, this is his ultimate one finger salute to those that said he was a failure.

The players, there is no doubt they are hearing how Manning, Brady, and the legacy of the 49ers are major stories, were still the new kids on the block and have to prove we belong. That works just fine in my book, we play better pissed about stuff.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Donn2390":f30u02ae said:
Everything mentioned above, PLUS, electronic media. In '05 only Bill Gates had a computer, and no one was tweeting, texting, or twerking...!!
Before iphones, it was two tin cans with a string between...
Gee 2005 was so long ago :34853_doh:

rjdriver

Reaction score
I knew after the Eagles game we were going to the Super Bowl in 2005. I thought we were the best team in the leaugue going into the playoffs and think we should have won that game.

I knew after the Falcons game last year that we were going to the Super Bowl this year. We are the best team in the leaugue from top to botom, and I fully expect us to win it all.

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
tom sawyer":2wvkqvnb said:
In 2005 it kind of crept up on us. I don't really remember "believing" the whole season long that we would end up in the SB, Sure we were playing good, raking up W's and Alexander was tearing up the turf and building epic numbers. It was the "faith in the finish" that was missing. I was SHOCKED when we beat the black cats. Besides myself.

This year ... we started rolling late LAST YEAR and the gun scope had the SB in the sights when we pulled the trigger of the first snap in game one.
This has been a mission all year!

WE "3"ELIEVE!!!

I told my dad after we came back to beat the Cowboys in the waning minutes in 2005 that we would go to the Super Bowl that year.

Latest posts