The 49ers have it much easier than the Seahawks

tom sawyer

Reaction score
All they have to do on Sunday is show up and lose, that's what the vast majority believes, expects and is betting on. They will be given a bow of excuses such as all that fan noise that no one but a lucky dog (like AZ) can combat. Probably some complaining about officiating, possibly a little hat-tip to our defense.

But the Seahawks face a rabid dog in the 49ers with a huge winning streak including their last 3 brutal road wins. And must overcome some offensive personell challenges. And they are expected win this game handily!

The pressure is on!!

I love it!!!!!!!!!!!

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Sorry. This is the championship game - entry to the SB.

The pressure is on both teams, as both teams had SB expectations on them all season long - expectations from both within their organizations and outside. There are no excuses and no "just happy to be here" this deep into the postseason.

Seattle has the weight of zero SBs and protecting HFA. SF has the weight of "unfinished business" from last year's SB loss and proving they haven't been passed by in the NFCW.

Nothing about this game is easy.

paramedic586

Reaction score
Agreed. Anybody who says the 49ers are on borrowed money is just trying to kid themselves. What has been the talk between our teams the last three games. When the 49ers were at home it was their "Super Bowl". When hawks won their home games it was their "Super Bowl". Now they are playing for the Super Bowl. The hawks being the favorite to win just makes excuses for fan bases if the 49ers lose. It doesn't change the fact that the 49ers are in the third nfccg.

OP
OP
tom sawyer

tom sawyer

Reaction score
But you have seen, heard, read, countless sources that this is a Seahawks win in Seattle! With the exception of the majority of the 49er fan base, extremely few are predicting an upset.

Don't get me wrong though. It's this overwelming media confidence that bothers me most.

But man... our defense is 98% effective against all offensive 98% of the time in Clink. That's a tough uphill climb!

paramedic586

Reaction score
I'm actually seeing on nfl network that some pick the 49ers to win. Interesting topic I was listening to last night on the radio. They were saying that the majority of the country doesn't like our teams. They find us to be very unlike able. Off topic I know but found in interesting.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I don't think the 49ers have it much easier than the Seahawks. Neither team has it easier. The pressure is equal for both teams. The 49ers are the incumbent NFC Champs. That is pressure. Playing in a stadium against a team that has owned them in Seattle is pressure. Especially if they get down early. The Seahawks on the other hand, best team in NFL record wise, HFA, beating the 49ers in easy fashion the last two times in Seattle. The advantage the 49ers have is they've experienced this type of game. For the Seahawks most of them are experiencing this for the first time. But that was true for the 2005-06 team too.

mikeak

Reaction score
Most experts I am hearing is picking the whiners

Regardless - media pressure will mean nothing for the outcome if this game. Possibly that Peyton feels personal pressure for his game but that would be about it as far as more / less pressure on anyone this weekend

socalhawker333

Reaction score
I love it when all the so-called experts pick against us, it only gives more ammunition for our Hawks to prove them wrong! I feel more comfortable when we are the underdogs to the so-called experts! I lived in Reno and sports betting was life for me there! Bookmakers who have pinned Hawks 3.5 favorites, are loving it right now with all the money on the whiners! It's gonna be a big win for the Sports Bookmakers this Sunday! Go Hawks!!! Not gonna be even close!!!

OP
OP
tom sawyer

tom sawyer

Reaction score
I also prefer they think less of us. I prefer they predict a whiner win.

Let it be our little secret what we know in our hearts, in our GUT!

Latest posts