Who would like to see Sherman at WR....

irocdave

Reaction score
Here me out. If the Hawks wanted to throw out a different look on offense this weekend putting Sherm at WR would do so, matbe in a 5 wide look? Hell, even run plays would confuse the niners. It would probably make the niners burn time outs on D where they typically use burn them on offense in the first quarter. No way would I let him run patterns as I'm sure the D backs would take shots but he should be safe on running plays going away from him.

Thoughts?

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
DB's are receivers who can't catch.

But he would be a good option to occupy a safety to free up some space underneath

OP
OP
I

irocdave

Reaction score
Sherm was a receiver at Stanford for a couple of years and has used those same receiver skills to excel at corner. Hence the suggestion.

Throwdown

Reaction score
We thought Percy was getting targeted, can you imagine what would happen to Sherman?

jdblack

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":u6h2x831 said:

Or they were receivers who haven't had a good opportunity, either because of a poor system, poor QB, or difficult depth chart. We've got one or two DBs who were considered backup DB-quality before they got their shots.

LargentFan

Reaction score
I like this idea about as much as Detroit fans like the idea of putting Calvin Johnson at CB.

THUGCAPS

Reaction score
I wanna see him out there in goal line situations. He would be unstoppable on a fade route with his height and vertical.

OP
OP
I

irocdave

Reaction score
Can you imagine the look on JH's face if Sherm lined up at WR?

LargentFan

Reaction score
THUGCAPS":8wlfmys5 said:
I wanna see him out there in goal line situations. He would be unstoppable on a fade route with his height and vertical.

Hmmm...I still disagree, but this is intriguing.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I didn't like it until the end zone fade route was mentioned. That has possibilities.

I don't want to tire him out too much so his man has an easier time. I'd love to see him with a TD catch; just on defense.

Still, imagine the look on Harbaugh's face if Sherm caught a fade route in the end zone.

SeahawksBMX

Reaction score
Maybe coincidence, but I posted this in the Cromartie praising Sherman thread on PFT and I was wondering if it'd end up a topic here. I actually sent RS a FB message on Monday about it, but no reply (not that I was expecting one!). I think it'd be great, even if it was just used as a decoy and it could get SF to burn a timeout. Hopefully this isn't something they were already covertly planning and we've exposed the surprise.

Gametime

Reaction score
If you listen to PC and the team, they are built on the premise of doing things the same way from mini-camps to preseason to the NFC Championship game. You don't achieve that with "tinkering" just for the sake of it.

I expect they roll out and do what they always do. They will do it with passion and incredible energy but the beauty of this team is that this doesn't even fell like the freakin NFC Championship Game!!!!! They are all acting like it's week 4. They are calm, loose, and ready to do what they've already envisioned over and over again.

BUT!!!!!!!! It's pretty fun to think about as a fan! I'll give you that.

I wonder what he would do as a TD dance? I was a little disappointed with his efforts on the Pick 6 dance in Houston. hahaha.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":3fdg4f7l said:

But he would be a good option to occupy a safety to free up some space underneath

Sherman is a receiver who couldn't stand his coach so much, he'd rather switch to D to get away from him

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":2derc0th said:

What about receivers that could catch and switched to escape their total douchebag head coach?

The Outfield

Reaction score
jdblack":2jwutgh5 said:
AbsolutNET":2jwutgh5 said:

Or they were receivers who haven't had a good opportunity, either because of a poor system, poor QB, or difficult depth chart. We've got one or two DBs who were considered backup DB-quality before they got their shots.

Or they were good receivers who preferred to be DBs.