Who would like to see Sherman at WR....

Tokadub

Reaction score
I actually think Sherman COULD be a pretty good receiver. People didn't think he would be good on defense causing him to be drafted in the 5th round and we all saw how that turned out.

If he's improved that much defensively it's conceivable that he's just an all around better athlete now and could be a better receiver too. He does have good hands, size, speed, and he seems to always get the ball even when it's not thrown to him so I imagine he could catch it a lot easier when the throw is right on the money from Russel haha.

But it's just not a realistic option. We would of needed to practice it all season or it would be super risky. Could the surprise factor of having no idea what he's going to do counteract the lack of practice? Maybe...

But in the end I think we need to keep him fresh on defense he plays with such a high intensity level we don't want him to get even slightly more tired by doing any offensive stuff. And like others mentioned I don't like the idea of our star defender taking hits.

ak3000

Reaction score
Only for the NFCC for one play. A-la Seneca Wallace 2005. One of my favorite memories of that game from the stands with the reactions and excitement

davidonmi

Reaction score
Yeah let's also put Lynch at linebacker. :roll:
He's our best CB

CANHawk

Reaction score
Patrick Peterson had 6 receptions for 54 yards this year so it's not without president. I bet he could go in a pinch. Dude is a phenomenal athlete and incredibly smart. With sid out, we are missing that 6'4" WR.

Screen it. I'm in. Let’s do it.

sutz

Reaction score
I'd like to see it, but I don't think the NFCCG is the right time for that experiment. ;)

bigcc

Reaction score
and give opposing DB's shots at him?

I swear some of you are delusional.

Not to mention, even if this were to happen, he'd never get off the LOS because he'd be held to death, and what's he gonna do complain to the same refs who see his physical style on D?

themunn

Reaction score
Hey if he can get beyond 5 yards past the LoS he'll almost certainly draw a holding or PI penalty.

I'd rather have him out there as a decoy in a 5 wide set than say Lockette or Walters

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":38tqrkjc said:
DB's are receivers who can't catch.

But he would be a good option to occupy a safety to free up some space underneath

Or they were a very good receiver in college that pissed their HC off by electing to have surgery on their knee rather than gutting it out, which led to their HC burying them on the depth chart to the point where they had to compete with walk-ons for a spot on the roster. THEN -maybe rather than never being relevant again- they might have possibly decided to go to the defensive side of the ball where the HC didn't have input on who started...just a hunch based on info that's in print and readily available.

I think he's shown he can 'catch' fairly well.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Vs Jacksonville for an end zone fade? Sure.
But vs the Niners, with Willis, Hitner, and Bowman lining up for a chance to knock our best corner out of the game? Not a chance.

AF_Hawk

Reaction score
Receivers have proven that speed is not all that matters and I think Sherman fits this mold perfectly considering he'll know just where to sit in zone coverage or which way to go to turn the DBs hips the wrong way, etc.

chrispy

Reaction score
Maybe last play before the half if we're out of fieldgoal range. Instead of a hail mary, Sherm can block downfield. Take Whitner out of the play.