another little stat to get you to back off the ledge.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Seahawks offense needs to step it up.

But . . .

Brady, Manning, Kaepernick, Wilson (The four remaining QBs) combined to throw for a total of 3 TD's in divisional weekend.

That's the two QB's in our game, and two of the greatest of all time - 3 TD's total.

This is playoff football - it's all about limiting your mistakes.

AF_Hawk

Reaction score
Hawknballs":3v8geang said:

But . . .

Brady, Manning, Kaepernick, Wilson (The four remaining QBs) combined to throw for a total of 3 TD's in divisional weekend.

That's the two QB's in our game, and two of the greatest of all time - 3 TD's total.

Great stat, and a perfect reminder that the game changes quickly. Whatever it takes to win.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Hawknballs":3h1kxlnq said:

But . . .

Soooo....you're telling me that Russell might not hit 200 yards Sunday?

Shadyhawk182

Reaction score
It's not about TDs for me with the offense. It was just the not really being able to move the ball consistently that has me on edge. But, they made plays when they needed them. And I'll take that.

BamKam

Reaction score
Some of you offense apologists are seriously reaching. There is a huge difference between criticizing the offense because you know what it can look like when it is clicking, and kicking and screaming about how we have no shot, we will score 0 points this weekend, RW is a bust etc. (by the way I haven't seen 1 person like this).

HawkFan72

Reaction score
The key for me is, and has been, 3rd down.

We suck on 3rd down. And that is our problem. Not playcalling. It's execution on 3rd down. So many times it is poor run blocking that dooms us. Or a drop. Or a bad pass.

The plays are there and called correctly, but our 3rd down execution has been very poor for over a month and that is what is killing our Offense. We're talking below league average for 3rd down conversions to the point of being one of the worst in the league. I don't know if it is in their heads, or if they just are screwing up, but they just need to execute and convert on 3rd down and our Offense will score points. A lot.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Wait...but....its a passing league right? RIGHT?

Seahawks, Niners, Panthers, and even the Pats last week are proving that the pendulum is swinging back the other way. Defenses load up to stop the pass with lightning fast edge rushers and tons of DBs and offenses go back to 300 lb men mauling them.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
AF_Hawk":3uqd5p88 said:
Hawknballs":3uqd5p88 said:

But . . .

Great stat, and a perfect reminder that the game changes quickly. Whatever it takes to win.

Also in combination with that 3 of the 4 remaining QB's were OUT THROWN in divisional play.

Brees> Wilson
Luck> Brady
Newton> Kaepernick
Manning> Rivers.

3 out of 4 threw for less yardage won. In all 3 of these games these QB's have significant leads. despite not having to throw 30 times a game. If you look at Brady and Wilson both were either @ or just above 50%. Kaepernick also in that same camp.

WIlson = 50% comp %
Brady = 52% comp %
Kaep = 53.4% comp%

jlwaters1

Reaction score
HawkFan72":3u2zt3wm said:
The key for me is, and has been, 3rd down.

We suck on 3rd down. And that is our problem. Not playcalling. It's execution on 3rd down. So many times it is poor run blocking that dooms us. Or a drop. Or a bad pass.

The plays are there and called correctly, but our 3rd down execution has been very poor for over a month and that is what is killing our Offense. We're talking below league average for 3rd down conversions to the point of being one of the worst in the league. I don't know if it is in their heads, or if they just are screwing up, but they just need to execute and convert on 3rd down and our Offense will score points. A lot.

Exactly, at one point we were in the top 10 in 3rd down conversions. If we have the same conversion rate as the last 49er game (we were @ 40% in SF) I think we win. If we are converting 30% or lower were in deep trouble. 3rd down is the biggest key for me, oh and not allowing SF to block ANOTHER punt.

seahawks08

Reaction score
The divisonal game is always a little slow than the championship game. The playoffs have a different speed to it, and people play more conservative. In the championship game, all bets are off and you play all out, as if you don't win, you get a whole offseason to heal, or if you win, you get a bye off before the Superbowl. I expect this game to be more intensity and lot more gutsy calls from our seahawks coaches.

bowzerbird

Reaction score
Remember "On Any Given Sunday"? [Quotes from Al Pacino's character, Tony D'Amato]

On any given Sunday you're gonna win or you're gonna lose.

You find out that life is just a game of inches.
So is football. Because in either game life or football the margin for error is so small. I mean one half step too late or to early you don't quite make it. One half second too slow or too fast and you don't quite catch it. The inches we need are everywhere around us. They are in every break of the game every minute, every second.

On this team, we fight for that inch
On this team, we tear ourselves, and everyone around us to pieces for that inch.
We CLAW with our finger nails for that inch.
Cause we know when we add up all those inches that's going to make the difference between WINNING and LOSING between LIVING and DYING.
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

We all hope it boils down to strategies but so often it boils down to the last 3-5 minutes and who can get that FG if that's what it takes to win. Let's hope it's us or that we are soooo far ahead on any given Sunday it WON'T matter.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
seahawks08":2nl6yt0g said:
The divisonal game is always a little slow than the championship game. The playoffs have a different speed to it, and people play more conservative. In the championship game, all bets are off and you play all out, as if you don't win, you get a whole offseason to heal, or if you win, you get a bye off before the Superbowl. I expect this game to be more intensity and lot more gutsy calls from our seahawks coaches.
Correct.