Prisco picks us 21-20- WHATS GOIN ON?

seahawksny

Reaction score
Good Lord-
Picked us to lose just about every game for five years and now likes us in this game.
Dont know if thats a good sign or did he finally see the light.

I think its the latter as his assessments of our games have been actually pretty accurate as of late. Just that he made any and every effort to pick us to lose in years past.

If you dont know who he is, he writes on cbssports.com.

Softy had him on KJR last week

JonRud

Reaction score
I predict at least 70% of 'experts' will pick the 49ers this week. Means nothing to me.

Polaris

Reaction score
Prisco likes the Niners better.....but not against Seattle in Seattle.

OP
OP
S

seahawksny

Reaction score
A lot of experts would pick same. out of Seattle, this is a different game

Axx

Reaction score
but the niners are so HOT right now 8)

OP
OP
S

seahawksny

Reaction score
Axx":1oeyanre said:
but the niners are so HOT right now 8)

so was Carolina when they came here in 05

Not to take anything away from them

Consider this

1) Cam's first game
2) Worst Green Bay team weve seen in years.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
I could be wrong, but back in 2005 weren't a lot of people seeing an upset in the title game, largely due to Steve Smith looking unstoppable so far in the playoffs that year and the Hawks having a lack-lustre win over the Redskins? FYi, I didn't think it was lacklustre, especially considering we lost our MVP in the first quarter.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
the-office-14.gif

Polaris

Reaction score
HawkRiderFan":3kpure9b said:
I could be wrong, but back in 2005 weren't a lot of people seeing an upset in the title game, largely due to Steve Smith looking unstoppable so far in the playoffs that year and the Hawks having a lack-lustre win over the Redskins? FYi, I didn't think it was lacklustre, especially considering we lost our MVP in the first quarter.

There were several reasons as I recollect:

1. Seattle played a very pedestrian game against a very pedestrian Washington team.
2. Chicago had far and away the best defense in the NFL that year, and Carolina completely torched them.
3. Seattle defenese, esp pass defense was considered to be suspect.

All these things were true, but didn't account for the fact tha Seattle was simply the better team, and Holmgren wasn't too proud to admit that he had no answer to Steve Smith, and thus insured that he was taken away....and forced Delhomme to beat us after taking him away.

Navyhawkfan187

Reaction score
Polaris":1ac8d075 said:
HawkRiderFan":1ac8d075 said:

There were several reasons as I recollect:

1. Seattle played a very pedestrian game against a very pedestrian Washington team.
2. Chicago had far and away the best defense in the NFL that year, and Carolina completely torched them.
3. Seattle defenese, esp pass defense was considered to be suspect.

All these things were true, but didn't account for the fact tha Seattle was simply the better team, and Holmgren wasn't too proud to admit that he had no answer to Steve Smith, and thus insured that he was taken away....and forced Delhomme to beat us after taking him away.

I remember times he put LeRoy Hill out there lined up across from Smith just to flatten him at the LOS, such a brilliant game plan...

Polaris

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":1hi4pcv0 said:
That's interesting because out of the eight so-called experts at cbs sports .com, Pete is the only one that is predicting that the Hawks will cover the 3.5 point spread.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/features/w ... -spread/20

Yeah but all but two predict that Seattle will win outright.

Edit: One is our old "friend" John Breech who predicted the Saints to win.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Prisco just put out a hilarious Tweet, too.

Pete Prisco ‏@PriscoCBS 33s
Be who you are. Don't try to be what you are not. -- Sean Payton, lesson learned 1-11-2014

Polaris

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2hd7rlpk said:
Prisco just put out a hilarious Tweet, too.

Pete Prisco ‏@PriscoCBS 33s
Be who you are. Don't try to be what you are not. -- Sean Payton, lesson learned 1-11-2014

Funny but true. Suprised that Pete came up with it :stirthepot:

Pak40.

Reaction score
Polaris":dqj5szlk said:

You can thank that ref who threw the bogus flag on that Amhad Brooks hit on Brees for the home field advantage. If that was not called SF wins the saints game (the hit led to a fumble recovery and a probably clock killing drive or score) and then SF has HFA.

Polaris

Reaction score
Pak40.":191oppzk said:
Polaris":191oppzk said:

You can thank that ref who threw the bogus flag on that Amhad Brooks hit on Brees for the home field advantage. If that was not called SF wins the saints game (the hit led to a fumble recovery and a probably clock killing drive or score) and then SF has HFA.

Post like this is why we call 49ner fans, "forty-whiners". For the record, you are not allowed to impact the QB's head OR NECK when he's helpless (ie attempting a pass) and Brooks clearly hit the neck.

The flag was legit. Deal.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
JonRud":1u04vxfx said:
I predict at least 70% of 'experts' will pick the 49ers this week. Means nothing to me.

I predict you're 100% wrong.

Majority of 'experts' will pick Seattle because they respect Seattle IN Seattle.

Latest posts