O-Line Departures

Which OT/OG most likely to get the axe in the offseason?

• McQ

Votes: 17 34.0%
  • Unger

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Breno

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Okung

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Carp

Votes: 30 60.0%

• Total voters

bbsplitter

Reaction score
Only significant contracts. Figure Sweezy Bowie etc. cheap enough and still considered projects.

willyum

Reaction score
McQ is very average but he could be worth keeping for added depth/versatility. Breno has been up and down this season, but i voted for Carp just because of Bowie's emergence

kidhawk

Reaction score
Unger, Breno and Okung aren't going anywhere unless we draft a replacement, and even if we do, it's unlikely we get rid of any of those three quite yet. Carpenter has a LOT of work to do this off season if he wants to make any team, let alone our team. McQuistan can play both guard and both Tackle positions. He's not great at any of them, but he's "good enough" to get us by as a back up to fill in along the line.

OP
OP
bbsplitter

bbsplitter

Reaction score
kidhawk":3tu7n47j said:
Unger, Breno and Okung aren't going anywhere unless we draft a replacement, and even if we do, it's unlikely we get rid of any of those three quite yet. Carpenter has a LOT of work to do this off season if he wants to make any team, let alone our team. McQuistan can play both guard and both Tackle positions. He's not great at any of them, but he's "good enough" to get us by as a back up to fill in along the line.

I don't know, Unger played rather mediocre this year, and when Jeanpierre played it almost improved the line. Maybe that is a stretch, but I don't think the drop off in talent at least this year was that great. And with a team strapped for cash next year, maybe a good but not irreplaceable center is on the chopping block. I respectfully disagree on McQ, mentally he can handle every position, but physically he is an abused turnstile.

kidhawk

Reaction score
bbsplitter":1v0s6l8o said:
kidhawk":1v0s6l8o said:

I don't know, Unger played rather mediocre this year, and when Jeanpierre played it almost improved the line. Maybe that is a stretch, but I don't think the drop off in talent at least this year was that great. And with a team strapped for cash next year, maybe a good but not irreplaceable center is on the chopping block. I respectfully disagree on McQ, mentally he can handle every position, but physically he is an abused turnstile.

He physically isn't good enough to be a tackle, but he's definitely a decent guard. The fact that he can at least be serviceable at multiple positions makes him more valuable. As for Unger, the center is a position you want to keep as consistent as possible. I could see us drafting a future center in the offseason to replace Unger in the next few years, but out of the people on the list, Unger is only beneath Okung on the keep list.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
McQ is worse than Carp if were talking about pass blocking and run blocking, or if were just talking about playing their position.

Won't be sad to see him leave, good luck to him elsewhere.

drdiags

Reaction score
Breno and McQ both have contracts that expire at the end of the 2013 season. So with this poll I am assuming the OP is suggesting that the Seahawks sign them back?

So skipping those 2, Carp has one more year under his rookie contract. Maybe they give him one more chance next season then let him walk after his contract ends?

OP
OP
bbsplitter

bbsplitter

Reaction score
Largent80":2zztdwjd said:
mcQ is a valuable backup that has a lot of experience across the line.

A lot of experience... yeah he probably has the numbers memorized of all the D linemen he has faced as he looked at their backs as they blew past each play.

OP
OP
bbsplitter

bbsplitter

Reaction score
drdiags":372k0ion said:
Breno and McQ both have contracts that expire at the end of the 2013 season. So with this poll I am assuming the OP is suggesting that the Seahawks sign them back?

So skipping those 2, Carp has one more year under his rookie contract. Maybe they give him one more chance next season then let him walk after his contract ends?

My wording was off, "Let Go" is more appropriate, then applying to all in question.

drdiags

Reaction score
I would pick McQ as the most likely not to be back next year. @85-90%

Next would be Breno. Breno is pretty expensive so it depends on what the team thinks of Bailey. Or how willing Breno is to a new, lower salary contract.

Carp would be the next guy, maybe they cut him prior to his rookie contract expiring? Not sure.

Unger most likely has been playing hurt, so I doubt they would cut him or Okung.

Those are my best guesses.

Largent80

Reaction score
bbsplitter":kgdso3iq said:
Largent80":kgdso3iq said:
mcQ is a valuable backup that has a lot of experience across the line.

A lot of experience... yeah he probably has the numbers memorized of all the D linemen he has faced as he looked at their backs as they blew past each play.

McQ is better than the guy in your avatar.