Article: 2013's best deep passers (Russell Wilson sighting)

Laloosh

Reaction score
The title is a bit misleading as it is basically a list of the top 5 and bottom 5 QB's by avg air yards per pass with some color commentary. The author does go on a bit of a rant about Luck and well, that's always popular around here so, toodles...

http://www.fieldgulls.com/2014/1/3/5270 ... ep-passers

Another thing Advanced NFL Stats tracks for us is overall air yards. Obviously. Because how would they calculate the yards per atANYWAY, check out these two lines:

Andrew Luck: 570 attempts, 3.2 AirYPA, 1,808 air yards
Russell Wilson: 407 attempts, 4.4 AirYPA, 1,804 air yards

RUSSELL WILSON HAS FOUR FEWER AIR YARDS ON 163 FEWER ATTEMPTS.

Axx

Reaction score
Yeah but andrew doesnt have beast mo, that elite o-line and that brick wall you call a defense.

When andrew luck plays its essentially 1 vs 22

mistaowen

Reaction score
That's hilarious. Good thing the NFL put the Colts into the playoffs this year. I half kid, Robert Mathis deserves the playoffs for how well he has played, but I've never seen a whinier core of WR than the Colts who somehow get all the calls.

ANDREW LUCK/OBAMA 2016

The Outfield

Reaction score
I'm sure it would be even more impressive if they didn't factor in deep passes from games 12-15 for RW. 1 for 14 with 3 ints.

OP
OP
Laloosh

Laloosh

Reaction score
The Outfield":1i6lo09z said:
I'm sure it would be even more impressive if they didn't factor in deep passes from games 12-15 for RW. 1 for 14 with 3 ints.

Yeah, his YPA has gone down over the past few weeks, as has his completion percentage.

I try not to think about it. We were so spoiled with the consistent explosive play completions even when the o-line was running thin.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Axx":1a2rzf97 said:
Yeah but andrew doesnt have beast mo, that elite o-line and that brick wall you call a defense.

Elite O-line? They're not elite with the starters much less the 8 games they were without them. :roll: At the talking heads. Anything to prop up Luck.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Was it Jimmy Johnson vs the Saints, that kept saying Seahawks were good this year because they were HEALTHY?

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
When you look at in those terms, is Russell Wilson really being "asked to do less" than other guys we compare him to, or is he being asked to do much, much more?

Good point.

Sprfunk

Reaction score
Axx":373nq5v5 said:

Haha I saw what you did there.

Latest posts