Any other STH's wishing they could have hard copy tickets?

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I was slightly bummed to find out our playoff tickets were all going to be of the print out variety. Unless I'm missing something the notice we got from the Seahawks is you can either print the tickets out online or use your smartphone? Call me old fashioned but I prefer the physical, hard copy tickets, even if it is a generic playoff ticket (without the opponent on the ticket).

nsport

Reaction score
You can be like Gary and frame your printout. :)

[youtube]U2yQnd9wC3c[/youtube]

nsport

Reaction score
I also think it's ironic that he has hard tickets framed on his wall.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I like to have them as mementos...I've been collecting them since the 2005 playoff season. Drat.

Riley12

Reaction score
I love having hardcopy tickets, and still have my complete 2005 playoff card framed on my wall.

6228739e 2150 4f25 af8e cc4222c56c81 zps8970051c

I'm not going to frame my stupid printed tickets.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Exactly!

Save the trees and all that, yadda yadda but boo.

RockHawk

Reaction score
Todd, my wife was saying this exact thing yesterday, and I completely agree. Seems a small thing to the Seahawks & NFL I'm sure, but it's a huge thing for those of us that keep those special game tickets like Riley did above.

I plan to send that feedback to them via their online suggestion box.

SeaTown81

Reaction score
I am going to voice my displeasure as well. I absolutely hate printed tickets. I have saved just about every sporting event ticket ive ever attended. Its awesome looking back at tickets from when i was a kid in the kingdome and from the XL playoff run. I really, really hate that theyre doing this. :x

SeaTown81

Reaction score
If they need to save $ (they dont), id prefer they ditch the season ticket holder gifts. I dont need any more license plate frames or playing cards.

jamsomatic

Reaction score
nsport":311uilrt said:

TALK ABOUT IRONIC.

BFS Is in the uppermost right corner of this picture. Perhaps this freezer rake should be banned from .NET.

:roll:

Edit: (Freezeframe, I mean, lol)

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Glad I'm not the only one that feels this way about the playoff tickets. Hopefully we can get a little grassroots thing going.

tacomahawk

Reaction score
jamsomatic":36xngkmf said:
nsport":36xngkmf said:

TALK ABOUT IRONIC.

BFS Is in the uppermost right corner of this picture. Perhaps this freezer rake should be banned from .NET.

:roll:

Edit: (Freezeframe, I mean, lol)

I am the guy to Gary's immediate left. That was a fun and long day got a jersey and a T-shirt out of it.

bhamhawk

Reaction score
I emailed my ticket rep and addressed my disappointment over the printed tix. I suggest doing the same.

BocciHawk

Reaction score
Aros":ypr54f1w said:
Glad I'm not the only one that feels this way about the playoff tickets. Hopefully we can get a little grassroots thing going.

Yeah, I have my 2005 intact in a folder, along with the other Seahawks playoff tickets... I was disappointed when they went to all electronic a while back. It would be good to have all of us make that bit of feedback, together, individually, and I bet they'll consider at least printing out some sort of souvenir for us STH.

warden

Reaction score
The big advantage of the e-mail system is you don't have to pre pay weeks before you know you secured a playoff spots. Hard tickets are very time consuming for the team to distribute. Jan 13th is when I pay for the Championship game. With hard tickets I would of had to pay for that game late November.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
warden":19qrk52k said:
The big advantage of the e-mail system is you don't have to pre pay weeks before you know you secured a playoff spots. Hard tickets are very time consuming for the team to distribute. Jan 13th is when I pay for the Championship game. With hard tickets I would of had to pay for that game late November.

Oh get out of here with your common sense, would ya? :vodka:

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
Aros":1ic5f30v said:

I doubt it. They did the same thing for the playoff game against the Saints three years ago. I don't like it either but I get the feeling this is just the way it's going to be.

vant

Reaction score
Sorry, it's time to move on with the ages. E-Tickets should be the only method of entry. It makes the second hand market safer (e-transfer), and we pay later.

main

Reaction score
Man, next I'm going to hear my season tickets need to be printed each year also.. *sadface*

AgentDib

Reaction score
Perhaps the best of both worlds would be printed ticket mementos you could buy along side the $3 program. As Vant points out this is not a cost saving issue. The printed tickets allow the NFL to have a completely secure secondary market, they have included the (free) capability to transfer the barcodes to other accounts, and because they are printed they can wait to charge and send out the tickets until the last minute. Previously, you would have to pay upfront for games you may not get and then see a credit on your next season's tickets.