San Diego game viewing bars

Largent80

Reaction score
I will be spending the weekend in SD for my anniversary and would like to know a good place. I have been to an Irish style bar near the Mira Mesa or Mira Mar area. Anyone know the name of that place and want to meet up to watch?

RedAlice

Reaction score
First, congrats on your anniversary and nice pick on where to spend it.

But, um, wait. You are going to go to Mira Mesa to watch football?????? wtf. that is the armpit of San Diego. Go somewhere fun if you are here.

I can give you a ton of better recommendations.

BELLINGHAWK

Reaction score
There's a great hawks bar in Pacific Beach called Thrusters (no- it's not THAT kind of bar). Tons of hawks fans and a good vibe. Have a nice anniversary. GO HAWKS!

RedAlice

Reaction score
And: IF Ravens and Fins lose their 10am games, it will be a pain at all bars to see our game.

Charger fans are over excited about maybe making the play-offs if that happens. They are a fickle group, but if they have a shot they will flood the bars this Sunday.

If that doesn't happen, they will forget about football and no one will come to watch their game. It will be great for us.

RedAlice

Reaction score
BELLINGHAWK":1di1qgpx said:
There's a great hawks bar in Pacific Beach called Thrusters (no- it's not THAT kind of bar). Tons of hawks fans and a good vibe. Have a nice anniversary. GO HAWKS!

If there's a Hawk bar in Pacific Beach, go there!

PB is a college beach town. Fun place. So much more San Diego than Mira Mesa.

and then you can take your wife down to the beach after - it's fun to walk around there.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
We will be in that area because there are some Asian markets we want to go to. Also the Green Flash brewery is there and Ima goin there. I used to live in Esco. So I know the area well.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
BTW, I have been to Thrusters, and another one in Encinitas. I am hoping to hook up with my buddy TalontedNoseRider.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
Ha...I lived in the nice area of Esco. N of town actually. Very nice tucked into an avocado orchard.

RedAlice

Reaction score
The avocado areas are nice. I lived on the top of a hill by Gopher Canyon during grad school. Cool place.

I will say nothing else since you know where you are going. Hope you find some Hawk fans to enjoy the game with, there are many of them around here.

Only thing I will say is: watch those 10am games. IF Ravens and Phins lose, it will be chaos here. If they don't, you will not know that football exists in this beach town. :)