Doug Baldwin Kickoff Return

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
After watching Dougie do his thing I wondered if he had done it before then it dawned on me that he had

[youtube]fv5BN_MWPIU[/youtube]

Now granted it was the 4th quarter of a preseason game, but still. I'm sure there are plenty who would rather see dbfresh do his thing as opposed to Turbo carrying his loaf of bread.

getnasty

Reaction score
Tate and Baldwin would be great options to return kickoffs, but if one of those guys get hurt our WR core takes a huge hit. It will be interesting to see who Pete throws back there next game.

Sturm

Reaction score
Dougie Fresh should be the one back there. The announcer said they took away his kickoff return duties because he's playing more WR now. Which makes no sense because Pete is going to put Harvin back there when he's healthy, so why not have Baldwin back there now??

Uncle Si

Reaction score
getnasty":3awnshc2 said:
Tate and Baldwin would be great options to return kickoffs, but if one of those guys get hurt our WR core takes a huge hit. It will be interesting to see who Pete throws back there next game.

Harvin

getnasty

Reaction score
Even when/if Percy gets healthy he wont be returning kicks everytime. I think Pete is on record saying if they need a big return in a big situation, thats when you'll see him back there.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Right now we are too thin at WR to have Doug do it. He looked great yesterday though on returns. He made good decisions and looked very fast.

seabowl

Reaction score
Ricardo Lockette? Why not give him the chance to do this. Isn't he supposed to be lightening fast?

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
That would be stupid.

Frankly, we are just better off not running the ball out of the end zone since we are just as likely to reach the 20 with an ordinary returner as not.

Remember that Kearse was returning (punts or KOs) and got a concussion in a game? Then we were really thin at WR.

Imagine not having Baldwin in a playoff game. Supposedly that is what the Harvin is for. But of course he is never healthy and just chews up cap space instead.

We need Tate, Baldwin and Kearse actually playing at receiver, which is hard to do if you put them in the line of fire having half a football team run full speed at end from half a football field away.

Maybe we should just do what we do with Wilson and instruct them to get as much yardage as possible but get on the ground as soon as it looks like there is anyone around them so they don't take a punishing hit. At least that would preserve the health of our WRs and we could use them their hands on a return without having to risk their health.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, much better than Turbin, who just runs straight into the pile. Oh yeah, and who fumbled without someone actually touching him. Pitiful

seahawksfanatic000

Reaction score
Also remember the reverse he took from Washington against the rams in 11'? He got about 50 yards on that

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Can Christine Michael return kick offs? Turbin has failed and it should be obvious to anyone watching the games.

getnasty

Reaction score
joeseahawks":1eezs3vn said:
Sign Nate Washington again. Wasn't he cut by the Pats?

yeah Nate Washington would be a good addition to our WR core but what are we going to do about a Kick Returner.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
I don't like the idea of DB back there retutning, but the choices are getting kind of thin. I think PC&JS will be targeting a versatile WR (maybe a HB if that someone is special..ala CM) in the coming draft.

Oh, and why not have Christine do it? He's just sitting on the bench waiting for a chance to shine. I know he was hurting coming out of college, but at some point the reigns need to come off.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Nate Washington? SMH. Reminds me of a guy sitting behind me yesterday. Where is that one returner we had? Washington, I think? What's his name? Yeah, what happened to him?"

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
I loved Leon, but he's ancient now. I don't think he'd offer much more than someone we already have rostered.

It's be nice if our boys could just do their jobs. I mean holding onto the football is one of the first things you learn.

Germanotta

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":4tz2xkln said:
The fact that they actually chose to use Turbin is a head scratcher, to say the least.

I believe they said they choose him for ball security purposes. If I'm not mistaken, up until yesterday, he has never fumbled which set some kind of record of plays without a fumble for an incoming player.

Still, he's never looked like a natural returner back there. I'll like to see what CMike can do but he's usually inactive or doesn't play until garbage time if he's lucky. Seems like a waste of a second round pick so far

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
I love harvin..but if only we kept our pick for Patterson....Dude is basically a taller Harvin

Latest posts